Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this topic I would like to introduce myself, the first dutch member on this forum!

My name is Robbert Bloem, 22 years old. I live in Maastricht, a city in the south of Holland, were I also do my study, namely International Business Marketing.

At the moment my daily drive is a Mini cooper S 2002, but I'm looking at a Porsche cayman S. While surfing I found out about this site, and immediatly liked it. It provides so much information I was looking for over a long period, but never was able to find it.. Already thanks to all for that!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Welcome, Robbert!

As you have seen, this site is very informative for all things Porsche, and especially Cayman.

Hope you find your special ride soon! Don't hesitate to ask any question. Most times it will get answered.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome Robbert! My brother in law and I did the obligatory European pub tour back in the late 80's and stopped the night in Maastricht coming from Amsterdam. A beautiful town.

We met some terrific people at a bar where theater types seemed to hang out. One guy was in sales and knew five different languages. We were duly impressed. We staggered home that night by the light of a large statue in the main square with a huge flame coming out of it. We wanted to light our cigarettes by it (obviously we were very drunk at the time). Anyway, great memories there. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Robbert,
When you get your CS take it to Zandvoort Park. I raced motorcycles there when I was a younger man - a very fun track!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I'm not even going to bother typing some of my bad Dutch!

Welcome to the boards, we have at least one other Dutch member (Karel Deeley), but he's living in the UK.

I lived in Almere and Amsterdam for 7 years, and it's my third home....actually you could say my first as it's the only place I own a house (in Diemen Noord)! My wife is Dutch (Surinames) and so we're are back all the time to see the family, but my Dutch is piss poor still after all these years...shocking really! :eek:

22 huh and a Cooper S and considering a Cayman S......you're one lucky guy at your age considering the prices in Holland :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
from someone with both Dutch parents!;)
Were do they come from if I may ask?

... one guy was in sales and knew five different languages. We were duly impressed...

We staggered home that night by the light of a large statue in the main square with a huge flame coming out of it...
Most Dutch people speak many different languages, because of our central position in Europe. German, French and United Kingdom borders are very closeby. By the way, please correct my English when it's not correct. I'm trying hard to improve it..

The main square with the flame is the market of Maastricht. Great to hear that you've been there! That you were drunk while walking there doesn't surprise me at all.. I'm normally also in that condition while walking at the market, since the best bars of Maastricht are located over there! haha

22 huh and a Cooper S and considering a Cayman S......you're one lucky guy at your age considering the prices in Holland
I am indeed, but I've worked hard for my Mini. Luckely however, my dad is also a big car enthusiast!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Big welcome from Virginia, USA. I've been to Holland about 12 times over the past 15 years. Amsterdam is a great base for train travel to anywhere in Europe. Went to the new Porsche Museum last year...do it if you can. By the way....I don't do mayo on my french fries! Love the Dutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Due to Holland's central position in Europe indeed a lot of people fly to Amsterdam and travel to surrounding countries by train. I'm planning to go to the Posche museum combined with a trip to the Nurburgring this summer, looking forward to that! By the way, once you tried mayo on your fries there is no way back, best sauce in the world! http://www.planet-9.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has been four years since I registered to this website, but now I'm the very proud owner of a 2006 Cayman S! I didn't really expect to be able buying a Cayman already, but I've been working hard to make this happen (Am I the youngest owner on this forum with 25 years old?).

More about the car: It's a GT silver Cayman S, with 56250 kilometres on it. Bought in Germany, and drove it to Holland myself, I'm currently waiting to receive the license plates. The car has Porsche approved warranty till May 2015, and is in excellent condition. The vehicle is specced with the following options:

- 19" wheels
- PSE
- GT Silver
- Parking sensors
- PASM
- Sport Chrono
- Sport seats
- Sport steering wheel
- Full black leather interior
- Alcantara headliner
- Short shifter
- PCM
- Telephone module
- Roof Transporting system

You can see some pictures in my garage.. Like to hear your opinion!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Welcome to the site Robbert and congrats on the 987 CS. I always enjoyed visiting Holland when I was stationed in Germany in the late '80s. I once got stopped in Amsterdam for speeding in my 911, but to my surprise the officer gave me a warning. Nice people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts