Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I pulled the trigger and bought the only orange Cayman S Sport that I could find, and after the clear bra was installed and had a couple days to dry, I flew to Chicago Friday and drove it home to Indy.

This was after selling my Z06 last December and planning to buy a Ferrari. I axed the Ferrari plan after deciding that I didn't want to deal with the service and repair issues of the Ferrari's I could afford. I wanted a mid-engined sports car, and the Cayman S fit the bill perfectly.

I like bright colored sports cars (Two yellow Corvettes in a row) and I saw a member here on the forum used an orange one in his avatar. I started a search and found the one I ended up buying. From my search, it seemed to be the only orange one available.

The car has all the normal S features, plus 19" wheels, Alcantara steering wheel and shifter, dual mode sport exhaust, piano black console, xenons, P.A.S.M., Sport Chrono, Rain sensor and dimming mirrors, Heated seats, Bose high-end stereo, Automatic climate control, and Sport seats. It also has cool retro graphics on the side. The engine is listed as 303 hp.

I'm still breaking it in, so no real impression as to performance, other than the fact that it handles like a vacuum cleaner and takes my favorite 270 degree freeway onramp 10 mph faster than the Z06 ever did. Very cool.

I ended up catching a bug right after I got it home, so I haven't felt well enough to take any good pics yet. I plan to get it out when the sun gets "right" this evening, then I'll post some images. Until then, Ill just marvel at the fit and finish of this car. It's like an orange and black piece of jewelry!

Rich

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Congtratulations!

We'll be looking forward to seeing pics. :picsplz:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
A very nicely optioned car. Enjoy it in the best of health!

We have a Nor'Easter member (racerboy) with an Orange sport as well, everywhere we go, all eyes are attracted to it.

Here is one of my favorite photos that I took of his car. I think your car will be it's twin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats. It is a beauty. I have the same car in artic silver. You will love it. Throw the sport button on and listen to the growl of the Sports exhaust. I can't say enough great things about the car.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sounds like a great find!! Was it a brand new model (you mentioned you were breaking it in, but I noticed it was a 2008)?
I use to live in Indy--great city! I'm still a die-hard Colts fan, even living way down here in south FL now (was fortunate enough to go to the super bowl this year). My brother still lives in the downtown area and frequents the Porsche dealer on the north side--he said they rarely have Cayman's so I'm not surprised you had to leave town to find one.
I'm looking forward to pictures! Orange is by far my favorite color in general, so an orange Porsche sounds great to me! Plus it's really rare as you've mentioned which makes it that much better

·
Registered
241 Posts
Terrific color on a Cayman. I'll bet you enjoyed the drive home--causing all that whiplash to onlookers.
BW

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pistol Pete- It looks just like the one in your photo. I took it out today and stopped by the book store. I parked WAY out in the boonies and noticed some people taking pictures of the car. That never happened with any of my Corvettes.

@Romainz- I'm not sure, as I'm not seeing any member avatars any more. I was also unable to upload one of my own, so I don't know what's going on.

To everyone else, thanks for the compliments, stand by for pics. Until then, you can click on the photo Pistol Pete posted above to see what it looks like.

The car is a 2008, but is new; it had 10 miles on the clock when I bought it.

A very nicely optioned car. Enjoy it in the best of health!

We have a Nor'Easter member (racerboy) with an Orange sport as well, everywhere we go, all eyes are attracted to it.

Here is one of my favorite photos that I took of his car. I think your car will be it's twin.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Last week I pulled the trigger and bought the only orange Cayman S Sport that I could find, and after the clear bra was installed and had a couple days to dry, I flew to Chicago Friday and drove it home to Indy.

This was after selling my Z06 last December and planning to buy a Ferrari. I axed the Ferrari plan after deciding that I didn't want to deal with the service and repair issues of the Ferrari's I could afford. I wanted a mid-engined sports car, and the Cayman S fit the bill perfectly.

I like bright colored sports cars (Two yellow Corvettes in a row) and I saw a member here on the forum used an orange one in his avatar. I started a search and found the one I ended up buying. From my search, it seemed to be the only orange one available.

The car has all the normal S features, plus 19" wheels, Alcantara steering wheel and shifter, dual mode sport exhaust, piano black console, xenons, P.A.S.M., Sport Chrono, Rain sensor and dimming mirrors, Heated seats, Bose high-end stereo, Automatic climate control, and Sport seats. It also has cool retro graphics on the side. The engine is listed as 303 hp.

I'm still breaking it in, so no real impression as to performance, other than the fact that it handles like a vacuum cleaner and takes my favorite 270 degree freeway onramp 10 mph faster than the Z06 ever did. Very cool.

I ended up catching a bug right after I got it home, so I haven't felt well enough to take any good pics yet. I plan to get it out when the sun gets "right" this evening, then I'll post some images. Until then, Ill just marvel at the fit and finish of this car. It's like an orange and black piece of jewelry!

Rich
Congratulations, you will love this car it just gets better and better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.