Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's a/c crapped out in her BMW. She has to take the cayman to work the next couple of days.
im not usually a jealous type but this has me worried.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Oh dear.....I think I'd have rented her a car before letting her take mine, even if she is very careful. There's that and then the issue of her wanting one to replace the BMW. Good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hopefully she does not fall in love with it

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Reason #97 why I got a manual. ....my wife can't drive stick... lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Worried? Worried about what? Door dings .. ppl at her work that might hit the car?
Maybe she can use the Cayenne?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am planning on celebrating retirement with a three month stay at a ski resort in Colorado. The Boxster would stay at home. Wife wants to continue working. Thought I would buy a used 4WD for the winter.
Wife says "You should take the Sienna van." I say "What will you drive?" "The Boxster" is her reply.

Note: She has not even sat in the driver's seat yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Reactions: PCA1983

·
Registered
810 Posts
hahaha, y'all just have to teach your wives to drive! Mine codrives my Boxster S competitively with me for autocross and time trials, and outdrives most of the guys at our club. Really, we call it "my" car, but this is as much her car as mine and I'm grateful I'm the one who gets to daily drive it. I have no reservations whatsoever letting her drive it on the street. She knows how to drive this car just as well as I do, but is way more careful driving it on the street than I am and way less likely to wreck it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i let her take out my vintage, freshly restored Vespa, 2 weeks ago. It's now in the paint shop. Luckily the a/c in her car is back working. Final resistor is the problem. Just waiting for the replacement part.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
My wife drives my CaymanS at least once or twice per week. I wouldn't have it any other way. Because she loves the drive, I know we will always have a Porsche in the garage for the rest of our driving lives :drivingskid:

Reactions: sjfehr
1 - 16 of 16 Posts