Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Not any more. Keep in mind guys that they will ALWAYS work correctly for exactly 60 minutes after uploading, then will go right back to being broken again. It all depends on when you happened to click on them and now the 1 hour has expired as of 1:53pm (my time). You both looked and posted prior to this time. This is the exact same behavior as always and nothing has changed. The big question is what is happening at the 60 minute mark that causes the proper functionality to suddenly expire?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Not any more. Keep in mind guys that they will ALWAYS work correctly for exactly 60 minutes after uploading, then will go right back to being broken again. It all depends on when you happened to have clicked on them and now the 1 hour has expired as of 1:53pm (my time). You both looked and posted prior to this time. This is the exact same behavior as always and nothing has changed. The big question is what is happening at the 60 minute mark that causes the proper functionality to suddenly expire?
ICNU is correct. It worked and now it no longer works.:(

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yep, dont even bother testing until at least 1 hour after the images are posted. Any data prior to this is unfortunately irrelevant, but at least someone is finally actively looking into the issue

·
Administrator
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just doing another test.

Thanks for summing this up guys. The length of the other thread made it pretty hard to find the most relevant info. Going to keep banging on this

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Just over one hour since posted and NOT working. May have initially but I didn't get to it until now.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm only seeing a single image, so I wouldn't expect any navigation icons to appear even if working. Need more than one image uploaded together in order to test

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'm only seeing a single image, so I wouldn't expect any navigation icons to appear even if working. Need more than one image uploaded together in order to test
However, even with a single image it should appear in an over lay image box labeled 1 of 1 and have a close button. This single image shows none of those and requires the user to hit the back button to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ah, ok thanks. I guess I haven't noticed this since the real pain comes when trying to navigate more than one image. What you say makes sense though. I shouldn't have to hit the back button or close another page to get out of the image.

I just uploaded an image and the proper close icon is there in the bottom right corner of the image. It should work properly until 5:03pm according to my time.

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
I am on a mac and I do not get any image navigation icons at all. It opens to a new page (with the mage,) when trying to navigate back, I get the dreaded black screen and have to go back to the topics. In fact when there are multiple posted images, I have to go back to the topics list for each picture in a post to get past the black screen to view each one. A big pain in the ....

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I am on a mac and I do not get any image navigation icons at all. It opens to a new page (with the mage,) when trying to navigate back, I get the dreaded black screen and have to go back to the topics. In fact when there are multiple posted images, I have to go back to the topics list for each picture in a post to get past the black screen to view each one. A big pain in the ....
I use a Mac and a PC. What you are seeing is the same problem that has been occurring for a while. If you could see photos in the first hour after posting, I think that you would see them properly.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This set of images work fine in tapatalk on my phone. In can see both images, scroll between them and then exit back to the thread.

I've not yet tried it from a PC.
Still testing

Kevin
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't forgotten about this guys, but I'm not going to be able to get any assistance on this at the moment. There is a server migration on the horizon that's the focus of the techs I need help from, and I can't get access to the inner most guts without them.

Kevin

·
Incurable Gearhead
913 Posts
Yea whatever. Merge this thread with the original so everyone can see how long this has been going on.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Thanks for trying Kevin. However, the rest of your tech support team sucks. The only thing we get is excuses and more excuses for what has been a VERY long time. Pretty sad actually that your organization feels no obligation to the people who are the very reason it exists. I hope all the advertisers are taking note. I for one am thinking of just forgetting about the whole thing and moving on to other sites that work. :drivingskid:

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Thanks for trying Kevin. However, the rest of your tech support team sucks. The only thing we get is excuses and more excuses for what has been a VERY long time. Pretty sad actually that your organization feels no obligation to the people who are the very reason it exists. I hope all the advertisers are taking note. I for one am thinking of just forgetting about the whole thing and moving on to other sites that work. :drivingskid:
You could stay and just ask Vertical Scope to give the site back to me and I will get it fixed. :) :) :) Of course, they may not want to do that...

·
Registered
944 Posts
Really!!! When Ken had the control of the site it ran without issues or excuses. Going on two years to fix a image navigation problem is really a joke. I think the people who now run the site just don't care! I will mention this to any advertiser/ sponsor of the site I deal with. Kevin, thanks for trying to help us out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts