Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently was out to dinner with a few people, and one of my friends had his camera gear with him in his car, and asked if i wanted to shoot it real quick. So after dinner we went and shot the car on the roof of a local parking garage.
The shot came out pretty good for an impromptu photo session.

Photo by: Nue Vue Photography (https://500px.com/nuevue)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Really great shot....Also great friend for sharing his gift of a great eye.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Do you happen to know what techniques he used? It looks like "painting with light" which uses a camera on tripod, and either multiple flashes or light sources, or repeated flashes while moving around the subject.
It's very impressive!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thinking about trading my '09 white Cayman S in on a white Boxster...this might help convince my wife ( who happens to own a black with red accents Mustang convertible) that the boxster DOES look great!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. The pic certainly came out nice for not being planned. Just got lucky cause he had his gear in his car from a previous photo shoot.

Do you happen to know what techniques he used? It looks like "painting with light" which uses a camera on tripod, and either multiple flashes or light sources, or repeated flashes while moving around the subject.
It's very impressive!
As far as technique, he used the light painting method. That method is certainly an art form in itself in order to get the look just right.

Really great shot....Also great friend for sharing his gift of a great eye.
Definitely a great friend with a great eye.

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Beautiful car and wheels!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Holy cow that is a great shot. Looks amazing! I clicked this expecting to see a usual photo...haha totally pro!

I need to do that sometime... I tried light painting once but didn't have a good light source...or location...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts