Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday May3, 8 AM at the Black Bear diner in Monterey. Thought I'd start a thread for this series.

The fourth race of the season (after Daytona, Sebring and Long Beach) is this weekend at Laguna Seca.

Saturday, May 3rd
The weekend kicks off with the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge two-hour, 30-minute race streaming live on IMSA.com at 3:45 p.m. ET (12:45 p.m. PT).

Qualifying - For the first time, TUDOR United SportsCar Championship qualifying will be streamed live on IMSA.com beginning at 7:55 p.m. ET (4:55 p.m. PT).

Sunday, May 4th
All four classes of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship will be in action on Sunday in a pair of two-hour races.

Race 1 - The Prototype Challenge (PC) and GT Daytona (GTD) classes race at 1 p.m. ET live on FOX Sports 1 (10 a.m. PT).

Pre-Show – Justin Bell hosts a pre-race show live at 5 p.m. ET (2 p.m. PT) on IMSA.com prior to Race 2. Tweet Justin a question @JustinBellTV #TUDORPreRaceShow in advance of the show and you may be one of five lucky fans who have their question answered live!

Race 2 - The Prototype (P) and GT Le Mans (GTLM) classes race at 5:30 p.m. ET live on FOX Sports 1 (2:30 p.m. PT).
So off to the races. . .

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Main events of the day (for me) were the Porsche Corral (pix) and Parade Laps (no pix), wondering the pits and the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge race.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Reactions: Blue Spur

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3, I think, Caymans and a Boxster in the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge race street tuner class did not finish well. Porsche did not show well in the the GS class either.

The main races are tomorrow (Sunday), so hopefully Porsche will show better.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Race 1 - nice to see the Martini liveried Starwerks take the PC win. GTD was very exciting. The Z4 strategy seemed doomed to allure in the face of Spencer Pumpelly and the all-conqueing R8 pace. Lo and behold, the R8 runs out of fuel on the Corkscrew and a 16 second lead isn't enough as Cameron passes for the win coming into the back straight.
Can't wait for Race 2.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Where can I watch TUDOR Championship races?
All TUDOR United SportsCar Championship races air on FOX Sports (FOX, FOX Sports 1, or FOX Sports 2)

Will the race be re-broadcasted?
The entire broadcast will be available on IMSA.com and YouTube within 24 hours following the conclusion of the event.

Are in-car camera views available?
Yes, in-car cameras will be available on Race Central on IMSA.com

Where can I find live timing and scoring?
Live timing and scoring is available through IMSA.com, the IMSA mobile app and the IMSA mobile site.

Will there be any live coverage of race qualifying?
IMSA.com will not feature live coverage of practice or qualifying at this time.

Will you be posting race updates on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter?
IMSA posts live updates on its @UnitedSportsCar and @IMSA Twitter channels. For live, real-time data from the track you can also follow @IMSALive. Event photos and recaps are available on our TUDOR Championship and IMSA Facebook pages.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Reactions: Blue Spur

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
619 Posts