Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can tell you I would not want to have my Cayman S around here. It would be more fun to drive in Manhattan in rush hour. Not to mention these people never seem to wash their cars. Today, I noticed only three newer cars that stood out. A 991 Carrera, BMW M Convertible and a Range Rover. These were far and away the top cars I walked by all day. What was interesting was that in all three cases, they had more dirt on them than any car of any type I can remember seeing at home. I was almost as if they are having a contest to see who can go the longest without a car wash. two of the three also looked like their bumpers were trashed from parking in the city.

I am not sure I understand why in a country where car ownership and fuel are so expensive that the people who can afford to drive something larger than a Fiat take such poor care of there car.

I guess that city like Florence is no place for a car you care about.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I can tell you I would not want to have my Cayman S around here. It would be more fun to drive in Manhattan in rush hour. Not to mention these people never seem to wash their cars. Today, I noticed only three newer cars that stood out. A 991 Carrera, BMW M Convertible and a Range Rover. These were far and away the top cars I walked by all day. What was interesting was that in all three cases, they had more dirt on them than any car of any type I can remember seeing at home. I was almost as if they are having a contest to see who can go the longest without a car wash. two of the three also looked like their bumpers were trashed from parking in the city.

I am not sure I understand why in a country where car ownership and fuel are so expensive that the people who can afford to drive something larger than a Fiat take such poor care of there car.

I guess that city like Florence is no place for a car you care about.
Been there twice. Driving. I hear you. I think I got at least three tickets in the mail later for driving in an area of the city that I didn't have a permit for.

Beautiful city. Just not for driving.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I got a couple of those tickets too! About a year and a half after the fact. Right in the circular file.

If you're still there, 4 Leoni and Caffe Cibreo were two of many memorable meals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts