Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I damaged the RR wheel on my '16 GTS yesterday, and quotes for a new one approach $2000 from the dealers I've inquired with so far. I find 8" front wheels on eBay for around $700-1000 but so far no rears show up. Anybody have one or a line on one. I naturally want one w/o road rash, TPMS and center cap not necessary.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Isn't the 9.5" a front one? It probably won't be easy to find. If it's going to be $2000 hose job, I'd take a look at buying a set of aftermarket wheels. Then sell off the 3, which will likely take some time, but might pay for most or all of the aftermarket set of wheels.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Isn't the 9.5" a front one? It probably won't be easy to find. If it's going to be $2000 hose job, I'd take a look at buying a set of aftermarket wheels. Then sell off the 3, which will likely take some time, but might pay for most or all of the aftermarket set of wheels.

On 981s, the factory front Carrera S are 8" and the rears are 9.5. Beware that the 991 Carrera S rears are usually wider and have a too big offset compared too what fits a 981.

Sport Technos are 8.5" front and 10 inch in the rear.

V6

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
So it's a Cayman GTS and I was thinking Carrera GTS with its 9" front rim. Yes the Carrera S wheel is not an exact replacement for the Cayman GTS wheel.
Needing a 981 GTS wheel, I'd definitely look at an aftermarket set because they are less money, depending on what/where...

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Those lowpriced look alike wheels would probably OK for commuting and around town while you hunt foran OEM rim.

·
Registered
566 Posts
In need of one 9.5J x 20" Carrera S wheel

Try contacting Suncoast for a replacement?

If it is repairable, find a reputable wheel repair shop in your area or online.
I agree. A new Porsche wheel will be ridiculously expensive, and contrary to what Porsche sez, a properly repaired wheel is no more susceptible to damage than a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
What color do you need? I have a set in platinum satin. Was contemplating on changing to HRE FF01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My insurance company is paying for a new one, plus I get to keep the old one and am going to have it repaired. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts