Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a year now, I've been looking for a new set of scoops for my 987.1.

By far, the best I've seen are these ones posted at manspeed:
987-CAYMAN-OE-STYLE-REAR-FENDER-AIR-VENT-CARBON-FITTED-2.jpg

However, they're sold out. Has anyone else seen another vendor who sells aftermarket, flush scoops like these?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to this thread, I went ahead and bought a pair of 997 turbo style vents on eBay. The key difference here was that they don't protrude outwards, for a slightly more sleeper look. I finished the fiberglass off with sem trim black paint, resulting in the look below.

In the upcoming weeks I'm looking to install some Cayman-R side decals to balance out the black as well. After some cutting of the inner vent, I was able to keep the intake snorkel installed as well.

Hope it's a useful reference point for yet one more Cayman mod!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Update to this thread, I went ahead and bought a pair of 997 turbo style vents on eBay. The key difference here was that they don't protrude outwards, for a slightly more sleeper look. I finished the fiberglass off with sem trim black paint, resulting in the look below.

In the upcoming weeks I'm looking to install some Cayman-R side decals to balance out the black as well. After some cutting of the inner vent, I was able to keep the intake snorkel installed as well.

Hope it's a useful reference point for yet one more Cayman mod!
Got a link to those particular scoops? I'm looking for similar ones. I like the PDP ones, but $700 seems pretty steep for what they are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
search for "Porsche 987 Boxster / Cayman to 997 Turbo Side Vents" on eBay.
Warning though, their price isn't that far off from the other similar units :)
You're going to have to really want them, to justify it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts