Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done anything to increase the cabin engine sound? I have a borla exhaust and love it. I don't want to do and intake. Looking for ideas from what others have done to increase the sound level.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Remove the carpet from the engine cover. It'll be louder in the cabin. Or alternatively, I can't speak from experience but I believe a clear engine cover will increase your cabin noise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have tried removing the engine insulation cover but found way too much mechanical noise in the cabin. The best solution I found was to remove the trunk carpeting. I pulled mine out (it is quite thick) and replaced with a rubber liner from Suncoast. I get a lot more exhaust sound in the cabin now with only a little more road noise. Very happy with the setup.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Borla exhaust along with a clear engine cover and catless headers on our '07 S (a long with a number of other mods). Love the sound and wouldn't want it any louder. Additionally, the drone occurs between 1800 and 2300 RPM's so it's not a major issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried removing the engine insulation cover but found way too much mechanical noise in the cabin. The best solution I found was to remove the trunk carpeting. I pulled mine out (it is quite thick) and replaced with a rubber liner from Suncoast. I get a lot more exhaust sound in the cabin now with only a little more road noise. Very happy with the setup.
Have any photos of what it looks like with the rubber liner instead of the trunk carpet? Does it fit perfectly and look OEM?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts