Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved here back in September and am looking for a trustworthy/reliable independent shop. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just moved here back in September and am looking for a trustworthy/reliable independent shop. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Karl Troy at European Road and Racing, something of a legend around here:
European

I have heard about Ken Leatherberry but don't have any personal experience with him, no website:
(843) 856-5161

I recently took my 981 to Baker Porsche for some warranty work and was very impressed with the shop:
https://baker.porschedealer.com/service_parts/

High performance:
Autometrics Motorsports | Club Racing, Pro Racing, Race Coaching

Hope this helps some.

Reactions: RENN Sleep

·
Registered
607 Posts
You are welcome. Karl is not only a great mechanic but world class driver with a great sense of humor. If you place quality service over lowest cost he's your go-to resource.

Fwiw when I was first looking at Caymans he let me sit in one he had on the lot to make sure I could fit due to my height. He also recommended the independent dealer who i eventually bought mine from. He will not - pun intended - steer you wrong. Good luck!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Karl at European Road and Racing. And while you are there ask him to show you around the shop. He will do it with pleasure and you will see how a real high end shop should look like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scheduled an appointment with them to have some new wheels/tires put on. Also going to get an oil change done. Routine stuff but excited to have a reliable shop (with fair pricing) so near to me!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Scheduled an appointment with them to have some new wheels/tires put on. Also going to get an oil change done. Routine stuff but excited to have a reliable shop (with fair pricing) so near to me!
What tires are you going with? My original F1s need to go, I am thinking Michelin Sport 4S.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What tires are you going with? My original F1s need to go, I am thinking Michelin Sport 4S.
I wanted to go with PSS or P4S for the longest time but I decided to save some money and go with Sumitomos. Everything I've read/heard says they are really good, low road noise and great performance, and you can get a set of 4 for 400 bucks. Still half the price of the now discounted PSS.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wanted to go with PSS or P4S for the longest time but I decided to save some money and go with Sumitomos. Everything I've read/heard says they are really good, low road noise and great performance, and you can get a set of 4 for 400 bucks. Still half the price of the now discounted PSS.
Wow, that is huge, I will have to think about this. Please review them here when if you get them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts