Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a reputable independent shop in north NJ. Preferably in Bergen County. I want to have an exhaust installed on my 981. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
If you're willing to leave Bergen County I have 3 shops I'd trust. Two in Monmouth County (Exit 105/101 area) and one in Burlington County (Exit 7 on the turnpike). Let me know if you want these.

·
Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
1,595 Posts
If you're willing to leave Bergen County I have 3 shops I'd trust. Two in Monmouth County (Exit 105/101 area) and one in Burlington County (Exit 7 on the turnpike). Let me know if you want these.
I wonder if making a sticky thread that member’s can add by giving good feedback…
By state: MN: abc Porsche tech
xyz Porsche repair

?

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
I wonder if making a sticky thread that member’s can add by giving good feedback…
By state: MN: abc Porsche tech
xyz Porsche repair

?
A wonderful idea - I had it about 4-5 months ago and started setting up a forum structure to support it. Unfortunately, the management wasn't terribly enthusiastic about it. I had hoped to have a database structure for data storage and input so information could be standardized making it easy to search and find good shops locally. Apparently, the programmers who update Planet-9's structure have other things that are more urgent, so it was put very far back on the back burner. I think it was forgotten about.

I have created about half the state subforums - with some coaxing if I find time I might try creating the rest of them, then seek input worldwide as to how Europe, Canada, and other countries would like their's structured. It won't be what I'd like to see - but it might be something of value.

Give me your ideas on how you'd like it structured - PM's would be great rather than boring the world.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'm looking for a reputable independent shop in north NJ. Preferably in Bergen County. I want to have an exhaust installed on my 981. Thanks in advance!
I haven't personally used them, but the ones in your area that I can think of would be Apex Autoworks in Clifton or Total Performance Center in Parsippany.
Travel a little further and there's more options. But if only doing an exhaust you should be fine at most places.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't personally used them, but the ones in your area that I can think of would be Apex Autoworks in Clifton or Total Performance Center in Parsippany.
Travel a little further and there's more options. But if only doing an exhaust you should be fine at most places.
Thanks I'll look into Apex Autoworks

·
Administrator
1,509 Posts
Thanks for rounding out the thread with results. That makes the thread of value!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Porsche08
1 - 9 of 9 Posts