Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm using one in my 991.1 C2S that barely fits, with no room for the lid. It is called a 30 gallon size.
I also have one, I think it's the 25 gallon size you mention, that works with the lid on.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got three bins from the container store. One large for the front. Two small for the back. They all fit with their lids on. Re two in the back are a bit of a squeeze.

Only use the back two when needed. Otherwise use the front in much the same way as you, as a frunk liner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aye. Picked one up this weekend. Great fit. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Same 25 gallon tub and fit in my C2S, with the one I bought somewhere last year. I wouldn't be without it.

I had previously bought a 20 gallon tub that the cover does fit in the trunk. However it does give up some usable space. But this one is handy if you are headed to an AutoX or track event, and you want a cover to protect your stuff, in case of rain. I'm guessing the 25 gallon tub cover might fit in the back trunk of the 718, 981 or 987 or 986. Has anyone tried this?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
This will definitely be an upgrade to the old kitty litter pan I've been using... Thx!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've checked all over. It appears like they've discontinued the model that the OP posted the link to. ("sterilite ultra latch 25 gallon")

Anyone know of the exact dimensions of what works? Or, maybe a link to the next best thing?

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
735 Posts
I've checked all over. It appears like they've discontinued the model that the OP posted the link to. ("sterilite ultra latch 25 gallon")

Anyone know of the exact dimensions of what works? Or, maybe a link to the next best thing?
The Sterilite Ultra 1687 vs Cayman 981 Frunk (based on my own conservative measurement):

H=16.9" vs 17.5"
W= 18.8" vs 19.0"
L= 27.0" vs 27.0"

I have searched around and this one fits best.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Almost all stores have tubs like this. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Target etc. With measurements, be aware that these tubs have a taper from top to bottom, and measurements are smaller at the bottom than the top. That's why i posted the sizes in gallons.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just picked up the 19 gallon, black Sterilite storage container at WalMart for about $14. If fits in the frunk of the 981 perfectly, even with the lid on. There is also a little room left over on top of the lid to put jackets, etc. This is a great container for track days, when you need to remove all of your loose articles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.