Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend on getting a car cover for interior use for a Cayman, but am puzzled as to why the two even exist. Why not use an exterior one for inside, and have ONE cover that covers both environments? What is so special about an interior only cover? I am looking at the two Porsche covers (interior and exterior).

- Phil

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Good question, I can only guess that the interior one is cheaper!

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Covercraft's website has lots of information about car covers.

Basically, an inside one is akin to flannel pajamas rather than a London Fog rain coat. Now, you can wear a rain coat to bed, but it is going to be more of a pain to put it on and take it off - and lot less comfy, in general.

I recently purchased one of the Noah fabric ones from a vendor that sells Covercraft. Grate cover and a US Grant less expensive than Griot's Garage wanted for the identical cover - literally, as they ship from the factory.

You can look on their partner list and price them until you find just the right price :)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I have the Porsche indoor cover and really like it. Flannel PJs is a good description. I think that the outdoor cover has some grommets or something so that it can be locked onto the car (anti-theft).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes the outside ones that have all the weather repellent technology is much "heavier" then the more "light weight" thinner, easier drape-able interior types.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts