Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly please forgive my ignorance -- I am a complete noob on the stereo installation.
But I did search the forum. I couldn't find my answer hence here's my question:

I bought a pioneer avic head unit, for my 987 gen1 Cayman S, without the Bose package.
I'm wondering what else I need to purchase. Is it just the wiring harness or the whole installation kit? Does the whole kit include the harness? I have seen good reviews from euromotorspeed's products but couldn't tell from their description.
There's also a kit on amazon but it has one star negative review which I'm hesitated to buy.

I will probably end up giving the job to a local shop or a handyman on craigslist but I just wanna make sure I got everything ready beforehand.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You couldn't of searched very much as there's a ton of info on this. The EuroMotorSpeed kit has everything you'll need (except the head-unit) for a basic installation.
Heres a link to Suncoast, which also sells the same kit. See the photo which shows the contents. However the photo looks like it is for a different version since it has NAV TVAftermarket Radio Installation Kit:Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories

Complete 9X7 Custom 2 DIN Kit Includes:
- Trim Bezel - Matched to Factory Volcano Grey (also available in semi gloss black for 2009-2012 9X7 vehicles)
- Includes stainless steel mounting clips for simplified and secured bezel attachment
- Complete with speed sensor & illumination wires, factory harness & radio antenna adapters, wire taps, solder shrink connectors and nylon cable straps
- Housing brackets designed for proper installation into factory opening - Featuring spring loaded secure locking mechanism & built-in guide rails
- Instruction Manual Included

You can't just slip-in a 2-din head unit, the kit also has side brackets that adapt the stock console mounting. You'll also want the detailed instructions that tell you how/where to splice into the car's speed sensor, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I bought the kit and hope everything is going smoothly for my installation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts