Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend of mine (@cpc.me) is the Middle East dealer for IPE, so when I got a call from him asking if he could use my car for fitting the first IPE exhaust, I said why not.

Needlesss to say, the quality of their kit is fantastic. It came with everything, including new bolts and flanges and hoses. Driving home, it sounded insane with the valves open, and it was quieter than stock with them closed. I will take some GoPro footage tomorrow and update this thread. Meanwhile, here are some pictures and a video

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was an easy installation? how do you feel the car now? however it sounds insane ;)
The installation was very easy.. I only drove the car from the garage to the house, but I took it for a spin this morning (videos below).. can't tell a difference other than the sound.. I'll run against a friends stock car to see if there are any performance gains..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3 video limit

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
On a related note, I noticed that I'm getting a lot of hostility online because of the exhaust, so I'll just stress a few points

1- This exhaust was sent for free for test fitting
2- The original exhaust can come back at any time
3- I did not weigh the new exhaust or dyno the car before/after because this exercise was done to test the fitting only

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my favorite comparison picture because it shows how the bends differ from stock.. the stock seem to get thinner at the bends

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
On a related note, I noticed that I'm getting a lot of hostility online because of the exhaust, so I'll just stress a few points

1- This exhaust was sent for free for test fitting
2- The original exhaust can come back at any time
3- I did not weigh the new exhaust or dyno the car before/after because this exercise was done to test the fitting only and whatever results I post will not be useful since this is not the production IPE exhaust. The production will be tweaked and probably be much better

:)
Where are you getting hostility? I am not seeing it here unless I'm missing something...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, should've clarified more, but I'm getting hostility generally online (RL) and on Instagram for desecrating the holy GT4 with an exhaust :|

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Sorry, should've clarified more, but I'm getting hostility generally online (RL) and on Instagram for desecrating the holy GT4 with an exhaust :|
Well that's why this site is better than those "other" sites.... btw check your PM I sent you one yesterday... :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that's why this site is better than those "other" sites.... btw check your PM I sent you one yesterday... :)
I agree ;) I will get back to you on the PM once I hear back

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against mods. But I find that it sounds worse than the stock.
It might be the mic camera quality. Do you have any stock videos with the same camera, so we can compare?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against mods. But I find that it sounds worse than the stock.
It might be the mic camera quality. Do you have any stock videos with the same camera, so we can compare?
Hi Scooter

I accept that no exhaust is universally liked, so I'm sure this won't be liked by everybody,, The video doesn't do it justice, but still, I can see how many people will prefer the stock sound.. Porsche really did well with the GT4.. I don't have videos of the original exhaust unfortunately!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would love to hear a video of it doing flybys from outside the car. Like some standing takeoffs, it sounds great! always loved the IPE exhaust for the Cayman S

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow man it sounds fantastic! shake the haters, what a beast!

·
Registered
146 Posts
The drive by sounds GREAT!! What kind of $$ are we talking with the titanium??
The Ti system might sound a bit more Ferrariesque as well!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts