Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the interior removed the install was 20 minutes max!
It fit like a glove. Kudos to Cantrell!
Not much increase in interior temps with trim and padding removed and sounds are better than ever. I am wrapping up the pieces and putting them in storage.
Recaros and harnesses go in next week!

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite a bit. All in I am guessing about 30 lbs. Enough to offset the rollbar weight I think.
I'll lay everything out and take pics later

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
the bottom of the trunk liner (of the boxster at least) has some kind of lead liner, that weights A LOT.

Reactions: Alpha.GT4

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
With the interior removed the install was 20 minutes max!
It fit like a glove. Kudos to Cantrell!
Not much increase in interior temps with trim and padding removed and sounds are better than ever. I am wrapping up the pieces and putting them in storage.
Recaros and harnesses go in next week!
Are you going to install a fixed back race seat and harnesses?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recaro Pro-Fi with 6 pt belts for track days and focused drives. Stock 2 ways will go back in for trips if ever.
Probably take the Cayenne Diesel on most trips though(dog hair and MPG!)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Recaro Pro-Fi with 6 pt belts for track days and focused drives. Stock 2 ways will go back in for trips if ever.
Probably take the Cayenne Diesel on most trips though(dog hair and MPG!)
Fantastic! Seats and safety has been my project for the last 6 months. Just finished it - no airbag or seatbelt lights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you hear a lot more engine noise with all that deadening removed? Was thinking of taking it all out then putting the carpet back on

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
What did the weight fall down to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is it possible to put the interior back in? Or would you have to modify that (destroy it) to get it back around the bars? Also, am I correct in assuming that the OEM lap belts can stay in when we swap the 2-way seats with Recaros?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you put it in with the bar in you have to cut holes or slots in four plastic trim pieces. As they are just standard Cayman trim items its no big deal but I chose to go NAKED!
Got window TINT? Oh, and Got RID of the badging. I may have "GT4" sprayed white with clear coat and reinstall. Not sure yet. Opinions??

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
I liked the black GT4 you had earlier...also my preference would be to put the trim pieces back for aesthetics...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts