Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been enjoying this COVID-19 break so I decided I would install the Soul Performance valved exhaust. My 14 test old son did most of it so the difficulty is pretty easy. But now that it is done, I noticed the exhaust tips do not extend past the bumper (see pics). It appears that the chrome tips are shorter than the others.

Does anyone know if the is correct?

Does anyone have possible solutions?

Any help would be much appreciated 馃槑.

Attachments

Registered
While they do look a little shorter than some, I think they look great. Extending beyond the bumper introduces risk if you're ever reaching into your trunk, sometimes with shorts on, and brush against those tips. As I'm sure you're aware, the do get very hot. I actually wish my Fabspeed tips were a little shorter for that reason.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow. I never thought about it since it's rare I go to the trunk as the fronk is much bigger. Thanks for the advise.

Registered
This is the length of the factory PSE system tips on mine, if it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Here's a pic of the X-Pipe on my car. The definitely stick out farther than yours. My set is the X-Pipe only, not a valved system and they are square cut not slash cut. Anyway,might be a good question for Soul Performance.

Premium Member
Soul posts on here regularly. Might want to contact them.

You typically want the tips to be beyond the body work to preclude exhaust gasses from getting trapped under the bodywork. You're close enough you might be OK. Don't know.

It might be possible to lengthen the tips by loosening the clamps holding them. There may be other ways. Never seen a Soul. Ask them.

I found pressing my shin against the exhaust tip memorable enough to only do it once...

Sorry for the delay in my post. We have two different lengths of chrome tips - standard tips as advertised at 5.75" in total length (as measured at the top) and a shorter version that was designed for use on the 718 measuring at 4.5" in length. Due to an internal error, it looks like short tips were sent to you. We can send you standard length tips immediately if you desire. Our tips have around a 1/2" of depth adjustment, the tips you have may not be pulled all the way out and they can be adjusted easily with a 13" socket, one bolt on each tip.

My plan is to get photos of the maximum ranges of depth adjustment on both tips to make a guide to give people an idea of how their tips could look - and offer both version if it makes sense. Without this information, it can create confusion and hesitation on the behalf of those interested - what if they get what they think they want only to end up with tips too long or too short? My mission to to remove doubt whenever possible for an easy, relaxing experience.

As always, if you ever have any hesitations, questions, issues, or comments - we 100% want to hear from you immediately. Most of us are answering messages and picking up phones well after hours as customer service is our passion. The best way to reach us is via email, phone, and I'm responsive all day on Instagram.

-Mike

Registered
Impressive customer service and response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the delay in my post. We have two different lengths of chrome tips - standard tips as advertised at 5.75" in total length (as measured at the top) and a shorter version that was designed for use on the 718 measuring at 4.5" in length. Due to an internal error, it looks like short tips were sent to you. We can send you standard length tips immediately if you desire. Our tips have around a 1/2" of depth adjustment, the tips you have may not be pulled all the way out and they can be adjusted easily with a 13" socket, one bolt on each tip.

My plan is to get photos of the maximum ranges of depth adjustment on both tips to make a guide to give people an idea of how their tips could look - and offer both version if it makes sense. Without this information, it can create confusion and hesitation on the behalf of those interested - what if they get what they think they want only to end up with tips too long or too short? My mission to to remove doubt whenever possible for an easy, relaxing experience.

As always, if you ever have any hesitations, questions, issues, or comments - we 100% want to hear from you immediately. Most of us are answering messages and picking up phones well after hours as customer service is our passion. The best way to reach us is via email, phone, and I'm responsive all day on Instagram.

-Mike
Thanks Mike. I would like to get the correct tips. I will call tomorrow if you all are open.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts