Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Neat info that someone who has access to dealer equipment was able to figure it out, but this doesn't mean us normal people can get this done.
I suspect that anyone with halfway decent Gerbil Voodoo could get it done. It is a well-known fact that auto repair technicians generally like beer. :)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Beer and girls *
They can get their own girls.

But I'd be willing to donate a six pack of decent beer (and a twenty as a tip), to the Porsche technician willing to take the time to do this for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Neat info that someone who has access to dealer equipment was able to figure it out, but this doesn't mean us normal people can get this done.
yes, any suggestions on how we could get this done? Just try luck with the service advisor?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Try asking if you give detailed instructions (I'll make a PDF) if they will code your vehicle to GT4 and activate sports chrono functions
Thanks for the help.

Please let us know if programming GT4 on a Boxster will also deactivate the convertible top. (I hope not)
Should "Spyder" be programmed for the Boxster instead? Wouldn't want to loose that crazy fast throttle and improved sound of the GT4 config though.
I too want to disable the rear wing from going up. :cheers:

·
Administrator
34,469 Posts
Back when I upgraded my 987 to have PCM (already had SC from factory) in order to get SC to "talk" to PCM correctly we needed a code. Initially my dealership contacted PCNA in Atlanta and got a code but it didn't work, they had to escalate and get a code from someone in Germany that finally worked. I don't know if this is the same in the 981 and in this particular instance, but if it is then you'd have to go through Porsche to get a code.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't comment much further due to confidentiality reasons, but I can tell you that you absolutely will have to go through your dealer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the help.

Please let us know if programming GT4 on a Boxster will also deactivate the convertible top. (I hope not)
Should "Spyder" be programmed for the Boxster instead? Wouldn't want to loose that crazy fast throttle and improved sound of the GT4 config though.
I too want to disable the rear wing from going up. :cheers:
You would have to program rear end electronics as GT4 to have "fixed" spoiler and rear end electronics IIRC controls convertible tops - so coding as a GT4 would remove that function

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can't comment much further due to confidentiality reasons, but I can tell you that you absolutely will have to go through your dealer.
Figures. You beign a dealer makes sense you can get this done. I doubt any dealer will do this for anyone else.

c'est la vie

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Figures. You beign a dealer makes sense you can get this done. I doubt any dealer will do this for anyone else.

c'est la vie
Yep. Those codes aren't handed out like candy. A guy I know (911) had to get a code from ze Vaterland as the dealership here didn't have anything handy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The other little issue that hasn't been considered with coding the car as another car, is how will it affect engine tuning. If the car thinks it's a GT4, and you feed it a CS tune from a Cobb Accessport, let's say, will the car reject it?

I know that usually these systems are separate, but I'm just curious of whether it can cause a conflict at all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
3.4 liter engine with a 3.8 liter tuning, it may or may not cause some issue. Seems coded as GT4 does not do anything with sport chrono. If you have the unlock code, any model could have sport plus

121 - 140 of 164 Posts