Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
a
Also interested - can someone PM me the code and how to do it through the PCM?
Usually a feature has a unique one time use product code. It will not work directly in a PIWIS. A person with a Porsche Network account has to enter the code and your car's VIN and it deactivates the product code from further use and generates and archives a new vehicle-specific code that does work with a PIWIS to enable that function in your car.

So, likely the 'internet' source will need you VIN and your money. There are drawbacks that I describe https://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/2...ort-only-setting-post2124309.html#post2124309.

Now, I have heard, but never seen, that there are codes meant for racing that work regardless of VIN.

V6

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
a

Usually a feature has a unique one time use product code. It will not work directly in a PIWIS. A person with a Porsche Network account has to enter the code and your car's VIN and it deactivates the product code from further use and generates and archives a new vehicle-specific code that does work with a PIWIS to enable that function in your car.

So, likely the 'internet' source will need you VIN and your money. There are drawbacks that I describe https://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/2...ort-only-setting-post2124309.html#post2124309.

Now, I have heard, but never seen, that there are codes meant for racing that work regardless of VIN.

V6
Agreed. I would not trust a code from the 'internet' and inserting it into the system of a $60k+ car. Seems a little short sighted. Is the feature really worth that to people?? And I've NEVER heard of activating any kind of code via PCM.

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is what Porsche.com says about the regular Sport button:

The SPORT button on the center console is fitted as standard. When selected, Sport mode is activated to provide greater response and enhanced driving pleasure. Throttle response becomes even more direct, the rev-limiter is adjusted to a harder setting and engine dynamics are tuned for performance driving. The auto start/stop function is also deactivated. With the optional Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission, the shift points are reconfigured to operate at higher engine speeds. Shift times are reduced and gearshifts become firmer and more immediate, while throttle-blip downshifts are accompanied by an emotive engine sound. Coasting mode is deactivated automatically.

This is what Porsche.com says about the Sport Plus button:

...the SPORT PLUS button. When this is pressed, optional Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) switches to ‘Sport’ mode for harder damping and more direct steering and therefore, even more intensive road holding. The trigger threshold for PSM is raised. Agility is perceptibly enhanced when braking for corners with PSM, allowing even sportier braking and exit acceleration. For even greater dexterity, PSM can be set to standby while the car is still in SPORT PLUS mode. For safety, it is set to intervene automatically only when ABS assistance is required. ...Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) is geared up for the shortest possible shift times and optimum shift points, while torque boosts during gear changes provide the maximum acceleration available. This involving experience is further enhanced by overrun downshifts and the throttle-blip function for uncompromising driving pleasure.

If you have PASM, you probably already have SPORTS-PLUS button and without PASM, you don't get much for Sport-plus. Without PASM, it just "dumbs down" PSM a little and sharpens the shifts for PDK.

Given the possible exposure if you use a pirated PWIS code to enable Sport-Plus, it may not be worth it to you.

If you like what SPORTs does, you may want to consider further throttle mapping devices instead of pursuing SPORTS-PLUS. In this case, take a look at SPRINTBOOSTER.
see discussion at

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone in here who got the Sport Plus Button retrofitted and working?

I'm really exhausted, because I cannot find a way to get it activated. Even when I chose another plqace for the button and reprogramming the panel it won't come up. Regular sport button still working like first day.

Where to find that GT4-thing you mentioned in your posts?

I got PIWIS II and Sport-Chrono Enabling Code already, everything working - also retrofitted Sport-Chrono Watch, except the Sport Plus Button... :-(

Would appreciate if anyone could help me please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You'll need a sports chrono code to load to the gateway.
You can add all the menus (performance meter, G meter) but likely the launch wont work without the code.
Did you end up getting your TechArt wing to fit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So
So you wanna say WHAT exactly to us with this quote?

I already got the sport chrono code - the only thing not working is enabling this sport plus button in climate control even with the sport chrono code (which works also in PCM to unlock sport chrono there).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just found some information from a Porsche install manual that makes me think it's possible to add a Sport Plus button to a car without the Sport Chrono package. Has anyone else explored this? My SA said we can poke around the PIWIS computer when I'm there next and see if it's possible. If a PSE button can be added, why not a Sport Plus button! :)

My intelligence tells me you should be able to navigate in the PIWIS to:

Select Air Conditioning in the control overview unit, press F12.
Then select 2-zone Air Conditioning control unit. Switch to Codings/adaptations menu and press F12.
Then select Customer-specific settings in the coding/adaptations menu. Press F12.
Then select the coding value Keypad Assignment. Press F12.
Then set the first coding value of Keypad Assignment Left to the value Not Assigned. Select Sport Plus in the drop-down menu. Press F8 to continue.
Then the message "Coding has been written successfully" is displayed.
It’s technically possible, but think the factory option included both. GT4 has sport standard but sport chrono is an option.
You could always get a remap and get a button added?

161 - 170 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.