Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know where the dimmer dial is located on the cluster, however the adjusting needle seems very stiff. The manual doesn't explain exactly how to adjust the dimmer. I don't want to force it, am I missing something?? :helpme:

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I just turns - if it's really stiff in one direction, then it might be at its limit in that direction. Try turning it the other way. It might be stiff, but it turns - the manual and the diminishing arrow on the knob shows you which way is bright, which way is dim.

brad

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Capercat, I have a 2008 gen1 CS. My dimmer does not really turn, it's a switch that rotates only approx. 5 degrees in each direction. With the lights on, if you "turn" the switch counterclockwise to the stop and hold it, the center display shows a decreasing bar and the dimmer will dim, if you "turn" it clockwise to the stop and hold it, the center display shows the bar increasing and the display gets brighter. I'm not sure if this is actually different from what brad is describing on his '06 display, but it sounds like it.

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Capercat, I have a 2008 gen1 CS. My dimmer does not really turn, it's a switch that rotates only approx. 5 degrees in each direction. With the lights on, if you "turn" the switch counterclockwise to the stop and hold it, the center display shows a decreasing bar and the dimmer will dim, if you "turn" it clockwise to the stop and hold it, the center display shows the bar increasing and the display gets brighter. I'm not sure if this is actually different from what brad is describing on his '06 display, but it sounds like it.
Same on my 09
You know what? I think they may have changed this since my '02 996TT, which turned - I've never changed the dimmer in my CS, and assumed it worked the same way. Sorry. Sounds like it's the same as the stalk that changes the clock up and down - just a small tip to each side makes the up/down changes.

brad

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solved! it's a "tip" adjustment rather than a "turn"...I wasn't sure, but today I musted up the courage to firmly tip the stalk and the illuminated dimmer bar appeared! thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts