Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed installing the RS60 instrument cluster trim today. After getting everything back together i noticed that the instrument cluster is now inoperable. No lights, the gauge needles don't move, nothing. I took it apart again to make sure the connection was secure. All looks good to me. I didn't have the key in the ignition when I disconnected the cluster so I'm not sure what's up. Any of you other members who've done this mod experience the same thing? Does it take a while for the car to recognize the instruments once it's been disconnected? I've tried both keys and get the same result. Seems odd that the cluster isn't getting any power after the connection is made. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't know what the problem could be, but try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. Maybe that will reset something.

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
this is the first I have head about this happening .sorry to hear about that :(
I did this mod some time ago but did not dissconnect the wires so I am no help but curious to see if you get this fixed .Good Luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know if there is a fuse that may have blown? If so, do you know which one? The one thing I did was I plugged in the battery tender while I was working on the mod. I didn't know how long it would take and I didn't want to drain the battery. Do you think this may have something to do with the instruments not working?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Don't know but it's possible. There's a fuse reference list in the files as well as under the cover.

Another thought that's a pain. Did you lift it back up and recheck the connector? If so are any of the sockets or pins pushed back or bent over?

Yes, I'm fishing but connectors can be flaky sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts