Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a 2006 Cayman S that has rodent damage near the top of the engine block. The vacuum control lines that run from the two vram? solenoids (located on the left and right intake manifolds) both end up under the intake manifold and the cross-over manifold. Each manifold has a flap in it, but it's impossible to tell how they were connected (all the tubes were destroyed).

Does anyone know if the driver-side solenoid controls the flap in the intake manifold, or the cross-over manifold?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Its been aince 2009 since I looked at this so I could be wrong. But IIRC the hoses go this way. Large vacuum hose runs up from the vacuum pump on the forward left hand side cylinder head as seen aft looking forward. Think it is a quarter inch line. This tees and goes to the two vacuum solenoids. I believe both runs were eighth inch lines. From there the left side vacuum solenoid goes to the forward flapper valve in the crossover plenum with eighth inch line. And the right hand solenoid valve goes to the aft crossover plenum flapper again with eighth inch line.

There should be a vacuum line routing on the engine cover but this should get you there just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts