Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought maybe I would post some info as I go with this project.
However as time is usually an issue for me as I'm supposed to be doing a hundred other things, I wont be creating an in depth install article.

I'm looking to integrate the keyfob functions into the dash so I don't need to hunt for the remote or try to pry it out of that little compartment in the console near the lighter socket while Im driving.

Ive ordered a new switch plate which I just received for the job and its looks perfect. Sport+ button will become button "2" and exhaust symbol "1". I'll be thinking if I'll use the LEDs on the switches or not and if I should use some electronics to indicate the valve open / close state....hmmmm.

So the idea is I will press the SPORT+ button to go to "sport mode" in the exhaust. Hold it down for "open mode". Press the exhaust symbol to put the system back to normal cruise mode.

Cool hey? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
. . . Cool hey? :cheers:
Definitely, especially if you can make it work. ;)

Even if you don't do an in-depth install article, it would be nice if you could snap a couple of pics showing how you wired up the switch, for others who might be interested, since I'm pretty sure that would be a first.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
You know I already did this last year right? Didn't I post an article? I must have posted somewhere about this... :) Gator Bite did the electronics work for me and sent me a module to mount behind the dash, I wired it in and now everything works off the sport button...
:) schweeet

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh I remember that but to fix it to the sport button is not ideal for me.
The difference here is I want to keep the 2 button remote control function separate from the regular dash sport button and add the new nice functions to the dash panel. This way I keep the max flexibility. Also looking to indicate on the dash when the valves are open. Cant always tell when its in the open mode.
Because my system is not stupid loud in open mode I can drive around in open mode all the time, but if I have a passenger I will shut it up but keep regular sport mode active.

·
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some pic of the original switch assembly.
To remove use a small hook at the base of the assembly and pull forward about 1cm. You can see the notch in the frontal image. It will then catch on a tab at the top (top view image), press this down then slide out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.