Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CampioniShop has been recently presenting exclusive and high quality brands to Planet-9.

There is one brand that we import and distribute in the US that we have yet to introduce: Akrapovic exhaust systems.

They have developped numerous systems for Porsche and BMW applications, they have transfered decades of experience in titanium manufacturing in motorcycle applications to the car side and their work is absolutely amazing.

IMPORTANT: They currently have a Cayman on a to-do list however they are only working on a set of tailpipes, quite underwhelming to say the least. We are hoping to gather enough interest for a full Ti. cat back or even a full Ti. system, yes, that includes headers!

Ballpark figure:
4,000 - 6,000 (depending on cat back or full system).

About Akrapovic:

Akrapovic was founded nearly two decades ago by Slovenian motorcycle racer Igor Akrapovic, and has in the last two decades grown to be the world leader in Motorcycle and Automotive applications, with race-winning exhaust systems in Moto GP, Superbike, and many other racing series. Akrapovic uses Caron Fiber, Titanium, Stainless Steel, and Inconel materials, with some of the most impressive facilities in the business, featuring in house autoclaves, mandrel benders, tube extrusion equipment, laser cutters, and millions of dollars in other equipment.

Manufacturing specifications:

• High grade XT titanium or stainless steel
  • Hydroformed piping
  • Free flow straight through design
  • OE mounting points
  • Light weight construction
  • Available with 100, 200 or 400 cpsi Catalysts
  • Deep, throaty and civil sound qualities
  • TIG welded
  • CNC machined sleeve joints
  • TUV approved

Samples of their work:

977 911 GT3

997 911 GT2

997 911 Carrera S

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Oh my god, i'm speechless. Looks fantastic but the price is scary!
scary ? thats not a word i would use....more like%^&#@(*& your mind ?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pricing example:

Full system (no headers) on a E92 M3: $6,400
Slip on (mufflers + connecting pipes): $3,800

So a catless catback for the Cayman would hover around $4,000. Highly respectable considering the level of craftsmanship and the only competition being Meisterschaft at $3,998, however the manufacturing process is entirely different.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I saw these systems at the PRI show in November and talked to them. Quality looked very good. The Corvette systems were more affordable (high volume).

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Akrapovic retains catalytic converters for street usage, they are a few variations; 100, 200 or 400 cells.

Here are some facts on the GT3 exhaust with 100 cell cats:
plus 16.5 PS (approx. 4,490 rpm.)
23 Nm plus (approx. 4,128 rpm)
minus 29 kg

What should really be of mention is the weight reduction that comes with a compete Ti. system.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You certainly can't go wrong with the TPC turbo :D

It really comes down to a choice between all motor vs FI. Personal preferences really!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to worry, we have something else coming up this week as a surprize for you guys :)

Still very high end, but the ultimate for any serious track drivers. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Akrapovic make awesome systems. I have had them on both my Ducati and Yamaha sport bikes. Very high quality, excellent power gains, and sound great. Would love to hear one on a Cayman. I'm waiting for my GB SpeedArt system to show up so I'm already covered. Goodluck.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Love the Akrapovic system I have on my ZX6R, not sure I would spend 6+K on one for my Croc when I TPC turbo kit is less than twice as much more and comes with an exhaust.... :)

Cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Akrapovic, has an interesting website. They mention a wireless valve control [I imagine very much like what Capristo has].

A full 987c Capristo exhaust system (including headers and cats) cost around $7,000 US; and is an excellent system...maybe the best. It would be intriguing -- when they make one -- to see how a full 987c Akrapovic system fared against theirs in workmanship, weight, power-gains, and sound quality.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had previously inquired to there developement team if they would ever produce a full system and also the dual vane system similar to Capristo with the difference of beeing in Ti. The reply was positive but not for the immediate future. let me trace my e-mails.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Akrapovic is extremely nice, probably the best out there(along with europipe) but it is also ridiculously expensive. Heck, Akrapovic has an OEM contract.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
If anybody is interested there are some YouTube vids of other cars (GT3, M6 and loadsa M3's) with the Akrapovic Ti exhaust.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
P.S.: We are currently in discussing with Akrapovic for additional details regarding potential cost and the system itself.

Make no mistake, this will rival the Capristo system in craftmanship, quality, power gains and sound, might even have a remote control for sound. Don't forget it is fully hydroformed titanium as well.
Hopefully if we can keep the retail price under 7,000, we can do a introduction GB that would be appealing.

We will await additional information and let you guys know.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts