Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably like many of you, you keep on looking at P-cars even through you just bought one, right? Crazy and my wife just doesn't get it but OK.

So I've just picked up my 2014 Base Cayman PDK in Jan, and lovin' it, and here's what shows up this week in the local Craigs List. The guy's a PCA member and has taken really good care of the car: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/cto/6090996438.html

My PERFECT colour choice, with the right wheels, MT, full leather etc... the list goes on.

BUT... I love my base and believe it or not for booting around the city the PDK rocks it.

Worth the trouble to sell mine and buy this? Hard to say!

Thoughts?

Thank you for entertaining my FWP (First World Problem).

·
Registered
301 Posts
No heated, no ventilated, no sports chrono, that interior substantially limits future buyer pool, no PSE, and coming off warranty in a few months. Also...MT. It's a no from me, Rocky.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No heated, no ventilated, no sports chrono, that interior substantially limits future buyer pool, no PSE, and coming off warranty in a few months. Also...MT. It's a no from me, Rocky.
Yeah, that blood red interior won't fly for most people. When I was looking my wife said hell no to red interior. The problem is Porsche doesn't do it right, the seats and maybe doors should be red, but not the entire interior.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: wagzhp

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, that blood red interior won't fly for most people. When I was looking my wife said hell no to red interior. The problem is Porsche doesn't do it right, the seats and maybe doors should be red, but not the entire interior.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I don't need a wife to say hell no to that interior.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I actually think silver with the red interior is one of the classic color combos from Porsche. I was actually considering this exact color combo for my Boxster S but it's a little too much red.

I agree with you that for the 981 gen, they did the red interior wrong since everything is red. I believe nowadays with the 718's the new combo (which is what a lot of other manufacturers offer) is black for the top of dash and steering wheel with red seats and door panels. That way you don't get as much glare as well from the windshield on a bright day.

Lastly at least the 981 Boxsters, this was the color combo they were HEAVILY pushing in all their marketing materials, on their Geneva launch car and in their press kits.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
You are right. Most people would not have a red interior but my first Porsche came a blood red interior (see avatar). So for old times sake, if I ever place a custom order I will get a red interior.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
The two tone in red and black looks nicer to me. This one looks as if someone slaughtered a cow in the car and forget to clean up.
Doesn't have power seats or heat but that is a personal thing. Manual is nice. No SE. I don't care for SC but mainly the color is off putting to me. If you like it, why not.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
JHC. My eyes hurt just looking at that red interior. I would rip it all out and get a different color.
How come Porsche is so schizophrenic? They have tasteful designs but some of the interior color offerings are garish.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
The price in $CDN is about right, MT is cool especially if you want it (I would), not too bad for the options because it depends on what is important to you!

Personally I would be looking for a 2016, if you are going to move from where you are now (2014) then I would jump ahead to the last year of the NA flat -6, that is what I did, 2013 BS to a 2016 BGTS.

Lastly, the colour combination is very subjective, some love it other don't, your car your choice...

Reactions: Rocky981
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.