Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a few posts where members have painted interior trim pieces to nicely compliment the interior look at feel. I'm looking at potentially doing the rear center console, cupholder trim and maybe other trim pieces, also looking at seatbelts in a color. Was hoping to get some feedback as to what you guys think would be good color/trim choices.

My car is Meteor Grey / Black, I was thinking of doing the interior bits Meteor Grey to match the exterior, I am a bit concerned that it might clash with the volcano grey of our OEM head unit. Here's a pic of the PDE1 interior, I really like how this looks with Black in the picture below, but was hoping to break up my black interior with something to contrast.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I think Meteor interior pieces would look great. I have my cup strip, gear shift "U", and gauge surround painted Atlas G. Center console would also look great. If you do the center console, get the "U" shaped gear shift surround done also.....or that WILL clash IMO. I'd get all three done, console, stip, and gear surround. That would break up the interior nicely, and no I don't think it would clash with the valcano grey.

Your kinda stuck on the seat belts, as any of the three factory colors wouldn't look that great IMO. I have the sea blue interior and silver belts, and they compliment nicely.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would go with carbon fiber interior, i got the full carbon trim and center console package, looks really nice with the black leather interior, my car is meteor grey exterior too ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive got the same color scheme. So far, interior wise Ive gone with the meteor gray center console(Bumperplugs), red seat belts, and some black alcantara bits from TechArt. Gimme a day and I'll post pix. The volcano gray and Meteor arent all that diff in color. Infact it seems quite close, but in a matte finish.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In my opinion, interior accents should be used as ACCENTS, not the predominant color.

Use restraint when modifying you interior. I've seen interiors that have way too much exterior color. It's a little too flashy for my tastes. Your results may vary.

BumperPlugs do a phenomenal job. Eric did my glove box handle and it looks like it came straight from the factory.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you do the center console, get the "U" shaped gear shift surround done also.....or that WILL clash IMO.

Your kinda stuck on the seat belts, as any of the three factory colors wouldn't look that great IMO. I have the sea blue interior and silver belts, and they compliment nicely.
I agree on the "U" and the seat belts, been in a couple with red/yellow belts and really liked them, but unfortunately I don't think a belt exists in a color that would work for me.

I would go with carbon fiber interior, i got the full carbon trim and center console package, looks really nice with the black leather interior, my car is meteor grey exterior too ;)
CF is another option I'm considering, problem there is with how many parts are made I'd be tempted to go overboard and change out more than just those few trim pieces ;)

Ive got the same color scheme. So far, interior wise Ive gone with the meteor gray center console(Bumperplugs), red seat belts, and some black alcantara bits from TechArt. Gimme a day and I'll post pix. The volcano gray and Meteor arent all that diff in color. Infact it seems quite close, but in a matte finish.
Can't wait to see the pictures, also those wheels look great, are those the HREs?

In my opinion, interior accents should be used as ACCENTS, not the predominant color.

Use restraint when modifying you interior. I've seen interiors that have way too much exterior color.

BumperPlugs do a phenomenal job. Eric did my glove box handle and it looks like it came straight from the factory.
I plan to start with a few pieces and slowly add from there if necessary. I would like to do the glove box handle as I think it should match the cupholder trim. Once I officially start down this slippery slope Eric's the guy I'll be going to for the parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I plan to start with a few pieces and slowly add from there if necessary. I would like to do the glove box handle as I think it should match the cupholder trim. Once I officially start down this slippery slope Eric's the guy I'll be going to for the parts.
Let me know when you are ready to take that glove box handle out. I can give you some pointers. I don't know why Porsche doesn't offer this as a factory option. I feel this was the icing on the cake in my interior:

Interior prior to handle install:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Although my car is Ruby Red Metallic, I have the two tone black and grey interior. I went with the silver seatbelts and I think that would look nice in the all black interior. As the floor carpet is grey in the two tone interior I swapped the standard matching grey floor mats for black mats. You might consider doing the opposite and use grey floor mats for some additional contrast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post pics of what you do. I have same combo on order with full leather interior and red belts.
I really like how the red belts look, just wasn't sure what they'd look like on a non red cayman. Anyone have some pictures of red belts in a cayman that isn't guards red? I've only seen red/yellow belts in cars that also have the matching exterior.

Great color choice with Meteor Grey and Black. So's mine. I'll be interested in seeing how this comes out. I'm rotten at doing color accents so this thread will be interesting.
I have a heck of a time deciding as well, thinking I'll likely go the Meteor Grey interior route once we have a chance to see CAT/J's pictures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
not sure one can ever put to much carbon fiber in his Porsche. It seems to go with anything and to me looks "fast". It is expensive butthere is alot of after market CF snap in products for the Porsche. (vetns. key surround, hazard surround, speaker surrounds) that realy can set your car off, over and abouve the selection of Cf that Porsche offers.When I ordered my CS, I ordered every CF option except the sterring wheel, as it was not offered then and have since added a half dozen after market CF peaces. I won't even offer to say what this cost me either.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fellas Im realizing I had a total brain fart... I apologize. I'll get on the photos as soon as I leave the office in a couple hours. Ofcourse I say this and hope that Ive got the pix...since Sally's at the shop right now and can't take anymore for a couple days. Don't worry nothing too serious. And yes, those are HRE P40's in satin charcoal. And the red seatbelts lend just enough of a compliment to the red calipers...girls tend to love that addition...Ha. On a side note, the meteor and volcano greys aren't all that different in hue, but only in finish. I think its okay and not too overboard, considering I have an all black interior. The silver U-shaped shifter piece on the other hand does kinda get lost on the mix...with the painted console and the black(really gray) alcantara shifter boot... Only other thing that I thought was neat and have been sort of considering was the all black stereo and climate control interior panels on the latest Porsches. I gotta get ya'll those pix.

·
Registered
85 Posts
...so my silence means that I dont infact have interior shots...She should be back in a couple days, if ya can wait

1 - 16 of 16 Posts