Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happened on a 2007 Cayman S When I was trying to change the interior lights to all LED,

I finished changing the door lights and dome lights, and while i was changing the footwell lights, I accidentally shorted the wires and felt the pain in my fingers and smelled the burnt smell on the foot-well lights,
after that, the dome lights, rear trunk lights and foot-well lights won't turn on anymore, door lights still works.

I cant find any fuse on these lights, sometimes the lights would flicker and sometimes it would light up like 10% of the brightness.

this is my friends car so I am worried I messed up big time. does anyone know if there is a fuse or did I burn any module in the car?

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
The entire electrical diagram for the 987.1 has been downloaded and is available in PDF format on this website thanks to one kind soul namely KS-CS. Electrical Diagram Link.

I looked at the diagram and it looks to me like the power for that circuit comes from a 70 amp fuse (F8 at the left kick panel -reference page 14 of diagram) through the "On Board Computer Network Control Unit"(OBCNCU). There is also a 7.5 amp fuse(F6) that goes to the OBCNCU.

Page 66 of the diagram shows the interior lights circuit. From the diagram it appears that you could have run a bunch of current through OBCNCU when the short occurred. The power return for that circuit appears to go through the OBCNCU when the interior light switch is set to auto(middle position) or goes through the switch itself when it is set to manual or continuous illumination (right position).

I couldn't find the Door lights in the diagram unless they are what is labeled Right/Left Inside Light. I was trying to figure out why they still work and the others don't.

I would check the 70 amp F8 and 7.5 amp F7 fuses real good. If they appear to be good try turning on the interior lights manually using the light switch in the right position. If the all lights come on then that is an indication that the power return is damaged in the OBCNCU. If the lights still don't come on the problem could still be in the OBCNCU because the hot side of the light circuit appears to come through it.

I based my assumptions on assuming you shorted the two wires going to the footwell light you were working on.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer said that there is no power coming out of the lights, and all fuses are okay, its been 2 days in the dealer, i dont know how much will that charge just for labor , not including the parts needed to be changed..

·
Registered
1 Posts
dealer said that there is no power coming out of the lights, and all fuses are okay, its been 2 days in the dealer, i dont know how much will that charge just for labor , not including the parts needed to be changed..
Hey, I am having the same problem on my Boxster, did you ever get this figured out? Seems some suggest the car may have slipped in 'delivery mode' and just needs to be re-programmed?

Thanks for any update,

Dietmar

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same exact issue. Switched out the interior lights in my '05 Boxster to LED's and everything worked fine. A few months later, none of the interior lights come on except for the door lights (which are also LED). If I flip the overhead switch from the center "auto" position to the right "on" position, sometimes the dome lights will flick on for a brief second. My fog lights have also stopped working, but this was at least a few months after the interior light issue.

Anybody figure out a solution?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts