Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My talented paint guy has been working on a few parts the last few weeks for me; from my 987.1:

The main part i wanted re-finishing was the centre console. Which has that wretched rubberised finish as standard. So he's stripped, prepped, primed, painted and lacquered; in body colour (Meteor Grey):

We then decided to 'attack' the scuffed plastic sill protector strips. He sanded back the marks from feet scraping, re-applied the texture....and with some skill mixed up a few trial combinations of Satin / Matt lacquer until he exactly matched the stock finish:

We then decided to do the exterior vent covers. Seeing as the exterior plastics are 'matt', the decals and badges are also matt black - but the paint is obviously Gloss !.....we decided to do the vents in a Satin Black finish rather than being body colour as standard. Hopefully they should fit in well......

Just need to get these parts fitted - and then it's onto the "dreaded" rear main seal (Which i have a drip from) :-(

Then i'm "Summer-ready". Stay safe folks and happy P-car'ing..........

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Very nice, great job - it's a new car now.
What IMS are you going with ? no bearing and direct oiler is best in MHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice, great job - it's a new car now.
What IMS are you going with ? no bearing and direct oiler is best in MHO.
You probably know this, but the IMS can not be replaced on 987/M97 engines without splitting the case.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Didn’t realize which car he had
Hope he knows

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Degrease, sand lightly, clean with preps all, prime and finish coat. Any good body shop can hook you up with the right stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts