Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior is Ocean Blue with white deviated stitching throughout. I am toying with the idea of having the silver trim along the dash, around the air vents and internal door pulls replaced or repainted in white to make the stitching and exterior. Would it be best to buy replacement parts already painted white or have a decent paint shop do the ones that are already in situ? what do you think it will look like? I am concerned that the glovebox pull will then look out of place (i dont want this white) and that the wheel silver will look out of place too (although i am considering a paddle wheel to replace the stock one and they are alluminium look) what do you think?

Anyone got any pics of a blue interior with white trim?:thanks:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Hi Craig,

IMO painted interior bits look really good. Most of the plastic interior parts on my CS are painted in the exterior color. Some was factory painted and some I had done by Bumper Plugs (a site sponsor). The down side is it is very susceptible to marks and scratches. This is especially a problem for me because my paint is dark. With white I think you will have fewer problems with marring but it will not be as fool proof as leather, which is what is on my wife’s CS.

It is generally expensive to do, and ensure you get someone who knows how to properly paint interior plastic. You can remove the parts yourself, which is what I did, or have a shop do this for you. Turn around time can be lengthy due to the time it takes to prep, paint, and properly cure the plastic parts. I do not have any recommendations for qualified folks who do this on your side of the pond but you can ship the parts to Bumper Plugs and be confident that they will do a good job for you.

Hope this helps,

Mark

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Has anyone ever considered taking 3m clear bra material and putting it over the painted parts so they will not scratch? Reason why I am asking is because I was thinking about doing it myself.

dave-t

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Great minds think alike. This is what i will be doing.
can you post pics after you do it? I would love to see how it came out. What parts are you thinking of doing? My friend owns a high end car stereo install business and started off as a painter/fabricator and said he could paint anything door handles, center and rear console, trim and have his clear bra guy cover the parts for me so they will not get all scratched up. I showed him what bumperplugs does and he said he could do the same and clear bra it for protection.

dave-t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.