Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 981, the "metal strips" in the door panels and across the dash and on the console occasionally create glare. I am contemplating either painted (black) or leather trim strips on the 718 C I plan to order soon.

Anyone have experience with the painted strips regarding glare or the leather regarding aesthetics? The interior will be black.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In my 981, the "metal strips" in the door panels and across the dash and on the console occasionally create glare. I am contemplating either painted (black) or leather trim strips on the 718 C I plan to order soon.

Anyone have experience with the painted strips regarding glare or the leather regarding aesthetics? The interior will be black.
I very nearly sprung for the brushed aluminum option on my 718 on order because of what I've heard about glare. However, since I'll be tinting my windows and since mine's a Cayman, I don't think it'll be as much of an issue as it would be in, say, a Boxster.

But: I'd also consider the brushed aluminum. It's not a cheap option (about $900 or so), but it's genuine aluminum, and it won't be nearly as reflective.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I do get some glare off the sport chronology clock bezel, but the sun has to hit it just right...it's not a common occurrence.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

My experience with a rental led me to spec leather on the dash and center console trim for my black interior. I love it. Not only to kill glare but I dislike cheap plastic, which is what the standard trim seems to me. I regret not getting full leather and dark too light bottom two-tone interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.