Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a DE over the weekend and my Brake Pad Service warning light came on intermittently. And today (1 day post event) it hasnt come on. It came on once before while my wife was driving about 2 weeks ago but she couldnt remember exactly what the warning said.

By my eyes there is more than 2 mm of pad left all the way around...checked when I changed wheels for the DE.

Can a brake sensor go off but only intermittently? Seems to me if the sensor was compromised (as in rubbed on rotor and is shot) then the warning light should stay on permanently.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You probably did this when you checked pad thinkness, but are the connectors for the wear sensor nice and tight?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so. I didnt unplug and plug them back in but they appear to be and I tugged a little on the sensor wires and everything seems tight.

As a side note...none of this started until I had my brakes flushed by a Porsche indy....coincidence? dont know whey if something was work with brake fluid that the brake pad light would come on. I also looked at fluid level and it is fine.

I wonder if heat from DE just did something to the circuits. Braked fine but I dont like warning lights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After changing out my rear brakes and checking my fronts, I have the same problem. It has been happening now for about 3 months and haven't had a chance to take care of it. But will be changing out all four of my sensors next week in hopes of clearing it up.
Regards,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts