Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i'm a new owner.

Just wanted to say hi after lurking for months. I bought a 2011 Cayman S, ordered it through a broker, and had it delivered three days ago. Waited more than 3 months. It came with 8 miles on it, and now after the weekend it has 615 miles on it.

I optioned it with LSD, PDK, Sport Chrono Plus, Nav, Full Leather. Really wanted that LSD. I upgraded from a Mini Cooper S. So far, this car is absolutely amazing. I hate to say it but it vaguely feels like it's patronizing me, and challenging me to go faster and be a better driver :) I'm a 24 year old californian software guy, just shy of the insurance rate drop. Heh, going to need it.

I thought insurance companies were full of **** to raise the rates so much after switching cars. After driving a few hundred miles though, I think they probably didn't raise it enough :hilarious:

you guys were a big factor in the buying decision, thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The price gap between a Mini Cooper S and a 2011 Cayman S with PDK, is approximately $145,000 AUD drive away... that's just the gap!

That's a major up-grade by our standards.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Enjoy it! I was three weeks shy of turning 24 when I got my CS a few years back... and totally understand where you are coming from. Regarding the insurance, I really wanted a Corvette at the time, but insurance on a Vette was about 4X that of a Cayman S for me. Honestly, the hardest part of getting a car was finding a dealer that would take me seriously when new car shopping at that age!

HAVE FUN and just take it easy! Despite the many problems I had with the Cayman S, I switched to a 997.2S a few months ago... maybe that will happen for you as well?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and for picking one up at such a young age! I turn 31 this summer and am hoping to have a '10 or '11 Cayman S before Christmas, and I still feel real young for getting one, even at this age!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal were you able to get at the dealer (% off MSRP)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Enjoy it! I was three weeks shy of turning 24 when I got my CS a few years back... and totally understand where you are coming from. Regarding the insurance, I really wanted a Corvette at the time, but insurance on a Vette was about 4X that of a Cayman S for me. Honestly, the hardest part of getting a car was finding a dealer that would take me seriously when new car shopping at that age!

HAVE FUN and just take it easy! Despite the many problems I had with the Cayman S, I switched to a 997.2S a few months ago... maybe that will happen for you as well?
Yeah I had a similar issue. Plus I've got the baby face, so dealers were kind of skeptical. I ended up actually using an auto broker to make the purchase. I got 5.25% off when I ordered it a few months ago. I was also offered 5.25% off the Boxster Spyder at the time, which is a pretty sweet deal. Glad I went with the Cayman S.

The 997.2S... It's tempting, but I just don't like the turtle shell back. 997 turbo with crazy tail maybe :) If Porsche introduces a totally new platform in 2012 as rumored I might consider a 911 again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi guys, i'm a new owner.

I bought a 2011 Cayman S, ordered it through a broker, and had it delivered three days ago. I upgraded from a Mini Cooper S. So far, this car is absolutely amazing.
Chronarion,

Congratulations on your new car! I put 350 miles on my C-S the first day driving from Atlanta to Charleston. My other car is a Mini Cooper (non-s) and I really have to look for excuses to drive her.

Tamas

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good looking car young man. I hate to think what would have happened had I been fortunate (smart?) enough to afford a Porsche when I was 24.

Please be careful so that years from now you can look back on this car as your first Porsche!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. The next big date to look forward to is your 25th birthday - start thinking about what to do with all the money you'll be saving on your insurance. :)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. 24 and a porsche, I tired that once but was newly married with a little one on the way, didn't go over too big. Took me almost 20 years to finally get my porsche, and get rid of the wife, hahahah.

Seriously, have a blast, sounds like you already are though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
just saw the pictures. White is a very nice color. i like the red seat belts too. i would have gone for the exact same setup. i'm 28 and i have my CS and my Tahoe and my insurance is outrageous. That's with my Tahoe as my DD. but you have to pay to play.

as for wax. I just bought the P21S care care kit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.