Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

Am a new (to me) Cayman S owner coming back to Porsche after many years in BMW's. Most recently from an '07 Dinan modded M5 (6sp not SMG) which I tracked agressively over the past 2+ years and unfortunately met its end last November in turn 10 at VIR (may it RIP).

After a few months away from the track, I finally picked up an '06 Cayman S a couple months ago, added some track mods, and finally got it out to a track (Roebling Road) a couple weekends ago. Wow. . . what a car. This car is a blast on the track. . . so balanced and agile. Not as fast as the M5 (181mph on Daytona road course last October) but so much more fun to drive in the twisties. Don't think I'll be going back to BMW any time soon. :)

Anyway, glad to be back with Porsche and on this Planet9 site. Have been "lurking" for a few weeks and looks like a great bunch of folk here and a lot of useful information.

Here's a couple pics of the "new" car at Roebling. Headed to Road Atlanta with the Peachstate PCA in August. Anyone else from here gonna be there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Completed mods are:
Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers
Cayman Interseries Wing
Carbon Front Spoiler (TechArt "style")
Remus Exhaust
EVO V-Flow Intake
997 GT3 "Replica" Seats
997 GT3RS Alacantra Steering Wheel
997 GT3 Shift Knob
Porsche Short Shifter
GT3 Brake Ducts
Stainless Steel Brake lines
Motul 600 Brake Fluid
19" OZ Ultraleggera HLT Wheels
Still to come before Road Atlanta:
Roll or Harness Bar (probably roll bar)
Harnesses
EVOMSit Software Flash
Oiling improvements (deep sump, TTP Oilsafe. . . not sure which way to go on this one - worries me though. . . any advice?)
Hoosier R6's (once oiling solution in place)
Cheers,

Calvin

·
Registered
126 Posts
The car is awesome. I love the wing. Where can I buy that?

Greetings all,

Am a new (to me) Cayman S owner coming back to Porsche after many years in BMW's. Most recently from an '07 Dinan modded M5 (6sp not SMG) which I tracked agressively over the past 2+ years and unfortunately met its end last November in turn 10 at VIR (may it RIP).

After a few months away from the track, I finally picked up an '06 Cayman S a couple months ago, added some track mods, and finally got it out to a track (Roebling Road) a couple weekends ago. Wow. . . what a car. This car is a blast on the track. . . so balanced and agile. Not as fast as the M5 (181mph on Daytona road course last October) but so much more fun to drive in the twisties. Don't think I'll be going back to BMW any time soon. :)

Anyway, glad to be back with Porsche and on this Planet9 site. Have been "lurking" for a few weeks and looks like a great bunch of folk here and a lot of useful information.

Here's a couple pics of the "new" car at Roebling. Headed to Road Atlanta with the Peachstate PCA in August. Anyone else from here gonna be there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

This wing is only available through Napleton Porsche in Illinois who are the exclusive suppliers of the Cayman Interseries cars. Here is the link to their Cayman Interseries page:

Cayman Interseries

I got lucky and found mine second hand from a racer who was going to build a Cayman Interseries car but had to back out so never installed the wing.

I talked to Napleton at one point and I believe the price for the wing was around $3,100, unpainted of course.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Reminds me of Darth Vader's Tie Fighter. Killer. Do you have a black racing helmet and outfit?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow you wasted no time!! That thing looks nasty! (in a good way of course!! ;))

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the M5, but glad to hear you like the CS somuch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.