Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys & Gals,

I want to take this opportunity to introduce our company to the Planet-9 community.

Hergesheimer MotorSports is a family owned and operated Porsche independent service and performance facility in Orange County California. We have specialized in exclusively Porsche automobiles since 1979. Each and every technician in our shop has at least 30 years of Porsche experience. Currently we service the Southern California area from our 10,000sq.ft. facility in Lake Forest, CA.

My name is Eric and I am the service and parts manager at the shop. I have been going out to the Porsche races and events since the age of 12 and driving them since 16. You can find me at most club events here in Southern California on the weekends. I will be spending most of the time on the site here with you.

Recently we have explored deeper into the 987 platform and see a lot of potential as most of you already know. Soon I will be sharing some of the modifications we have made to local Cayman S cars that see track duty. We have developed products for reliability, performance, and pure enjoyment.

·
Premium Member
981CaymanS
619 Posts
+ 1

Like they say, timing is everything and I am happy to be the first to welcome Hergesheimer to this site.

I should add that the most valuable asset of any business is their people, and this guys Rock..!

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
+ 1

Like they say, timing is everything and I am happy to be the first to welcome Hergesheimer to this site.

I should add that the most valuable asset of any business is their people, and this guys Rock..!
A me too on that one. Fantastic knowledge, service and super people. I do not let anyone else touch my car since I found these guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+ 1

Thank you very much Gilles!:cheers:

So are we going to see you next weekend at the POC Triple Crown? We are bringing out some new Cayman guys to the big track for their first time! Should be fun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hergesheimer MotorSports will be attending the Porsche Owner's Club Triple Crown event at Willow Springs International Raceway on May 1/2. There will be a couple of Caymans running in the PDS groups.
Both of them have some of our new Cayman specific products installed on them. If you are in the area please stop by, take a look and introduce yourself.

We will be showcasing modifications for track use such as:
AOS upgrade
Oil pan upgrade
Power Steering Cooler
Dual transmission Coolers
Third radiator
Stainless bumper screens
SS Brake lines and Motul fluid
PSM Modifications
Underdrive Pulley
S/S Motor and transmission mounts
GT3 control arms, springs and track alignment
Track seats and 5 point belts, harness truss, Fire extinguisher
Nitto Nt-01's

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Tell us a bit more about these PSM mods. That seems like a new option.
Any UDP kit for the 09/10 car?

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,928 Posts
Welcome to Planet-9 Eric!

Tell Mark and Laura welcome as well. It is great to have another reputable shop available as a resource to club members.

BTW, for those who do not know Eric, he is the guy that will spank you in his 914 (no, I am not kidding, I have seen him do it)

Cheers,

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Eric welcome to the club! I've only been to your shop once about a year ago for brakes on my Cayenne but I'd love to let you work on the CS...but it hasn't broken yet! Keep up the good work with the mods.

Cheers

·
Registered
278 Posts
eric, nice to see you guys on here. i met you at el toro. i hope to make it out for the triple crown and check out your caymans.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I have one of the Caymans Hergesheimers are referring to. It's a Lapis Blue 2007 CS. Hegesheimer have done all the work, both interior and mechanical upgrades mentioned above. Feel free to come over and say hi and take a look around the car.

I'll probably be camped next to the Hergesheimer trailer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to Planet-9 Eric!

Tell Mark and Laura welcome as well. It is great to have another reputable shop available as a resource to club members.

BTW, for those who do not know Eric, he is the guy that will spank you in his 914 (no, I am not kidding, I have seen him do it)

Cheers,
Thanks Duane!
The 914 is supposed to be my sleeper:sleep:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great! I'll be at the Triple Crown event as well. Looking forward to seeing the other Caymans and the work you guys have done. I'm working with Ryan at RSR down here in San Diego and he speaks very highly of you guys. Keep it up Eric!

Niraj
Thanks, we'll see you out there then. Missed you at the SDR AX last weekend!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome aboard guys!

Can you give us some more information on your Underdrive pulley? Perhaps the diameter, %underdrive, and any design differences between some of the various other UDP's already on the market?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welcome aboard guys!

Can you give us some more information on your Underdrive pulley? Perhaps the diameter, %underdrive, and any design differences between some of the various other UDP's already on the market?

Thanks in advance
Thanks.
We use the RSS pulley. Only difference is we did source out a shorter belt to retain the stock tension. We tested the stock belt and did not get any slipping, but still felt more comfortable using a shorter one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts