Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give you a heads up on IOS 13.1.2 and my 2016 CGTS.

I updated my software on my iPhone to IOS 13 and now I cannot skip to the next track with the “ stick “ that controls the MFD. I can scroll through the song selections but when I press the stick to select a song nothing happens.

I can scroll through the songs on the PCM and select different tracks there so it just seems that the “ stick “ is now inoperable for music selection. None of the other functions using the stick are affected - everything else works as normal.

I plugged in an old iPhone with IOS 12 and the stick works for advancing / selecting tracks from my playlist.

As a side note i cannot advance / select different tracks from my playlist on my 2017 Macan S using the scroll wheel on the multifunction steering wheel.

I stopped by the dealer and they confirmed that it’s an iPhone IOS 13 issue.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just wanted to give you a heads up on IOS 13.1.2 and my 2016 CGTS.

I updated my software on my iPhone to IOS 13 and now I cannot skip to the next track with the “ stick “ that controls the MFD. I can scroll through the song selections but when I press the stick to select a song nothing happens.

I can scroll through the songs on the PCM and select different tracks there so it just seems that the “ stick “ is now inoperable for music selection. None of the other functions using the stick are affected - everything else works as normal.

I plugged in an old iPhone with IOS 12 and the stick works for advancing / selecting tracks from my playlist.

As a side note i cannot advance / select different tracks from my playlist on my 2017 Macan S using the scroll wheel on the multifunction steering wheel.

I stopped by the dealer and they confirmed that it’s an iPhone IOS 13 issue.
One of seemingly dozens of issues with 13. There will likely be several more interim release bug fixes before they get this right. Another reason not to upgrade to 13 yet.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a quick a quick work around. I had an old iPod touch laying around - iPods that are generation 6 and older only use IOS 12.

My music now works as intended.

So iOS 13 is definitely the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I experienced the same problem but fixed the track selection issue by rebooting the phone. Not sure if it makes a difference but I had the phone connected to the car through the USB cable when I restarted the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I experienced the same problem but fixed the track selection issue by rebooting the phone. Not sure if it makes a difference but I had the phone connected to the car through the USB cable when I restarted the phone

I tried rebooting my iPhone 11 with iOS 13 and still couldn’t select tracks using the scroll wheel ( also connecting via USB cable ).

what phone and software version are you using ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
iPhone 8 and 13.1.2. You could try a hard reboot - up volume, down volume and hold down power.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iPhone 8 and 13.1.2. You could try a hard reboot - up volume, down volume and hold down power.

‘i tried the hard reboot and it didn’t work.

for now I’ll just leave my 6th gen iPod plugged into the USB and everything works as intended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve looked through the settings in my phone for anything that could help but nothing stands out. There is some chatter that it could be a problem specific to the iPhone 11.

One other option could be to change your USB cable to the one that came with your phone in case the iPhone 11 changes the cable spec in some way

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve looked through the settings in my phone for anything that could help but nothing stands out. There is some chatter that it could be a problem specific to the iPhone 11.

One other option could be to change your USB cable to the one that came with your phone in case the iPhone 11 changes the cable spec in some way

I tried it with an iPhone 7 as well as my iPhone 11 max and it doesn’t work - both phones had IOS 13 on them.

I then switched to an iPhone 7 that had iOS 12 on it and everything worked as designed.

I did use the new cable that my iPhone 11 came with so I tend to believe it’s iOS 13.

Again, its not a huge issue as everything works great with my iPod plugged in - I just leave the iPod plugged in and leave it in the arm rest storage area. Actually it’s great cause I don’t have to plug my phone in and my music is ready to go the minute I start my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts