Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I did the IDP plenum install today, the install got a little more complicated than I expected, but go there in the end after fighting with the silicon cable for 30mins to install...

Then when I tried to turn the engine, the battery died (Bad Timing) and this threw up a bunch of error codes on the dash. I changed the battery and started the engine.

Now the engine took a few turns of the key to turn over and when it did turn over the first time after the install then I now have a check engine error code and the car is in limp home mode and can not get the car to rev above 2k

The car will idle roughly as still getting used to the plenum install. But I can not drive it as the limp home mode is activated with the check engine warning message.

Any help would be appreciated on next steps to fix ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Perhaps you didn't plug in the MAP sensor? Doesn't sound battery related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. The problem was simple to fix when I found it... the connector that powers the throttle body was not inserted all the way in.

When I hooked everything up, it all looked fine. The connector looked like it was in *I should have double check the connector, as I was so focused on the hose for leaks*, this is how I did not spot the problem, then when checking again or a leak, I decided just to see if the connector was ok and it was loose.

Simple push of the connector all the way in and car started first time...

What a difference this makes to the car, as I doing the upgrades in stages to see if I can feel the difference and this was the first engine upgrade. Previously the car in my opinion felt flat below 2.5 - 3k revs, now I can feel more lower down torque and the flat spot is gone.

New exhaust and ECU tune are planned for later this week.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
You are correct. The problem was simple to fix when I found it... the connector that powers the throttle body was not inserted all the way in.

When I hooked everything up, it all looked fine. The connector looked like it was in *I should have double check the connector, as I was so focused on the hose for leaks*, this is how I did not spot the problem, then when checking again or a leak, I decided just to see if the connector was ok and it was loose.

Simple push of the connector all the way in and car started first time...

What a difference this makes to the car, as I doing the upgrades in stages to see if I can feel the difference and this was the first engine upgrade. Previously the car in my opinion felt flat below 2.5 - 3k revs, now I can feel more lower down torque and the flat spot is gone.

New exhaust and ECU tune are planned for later this week.
Is your car a Cayman or Boxster? I had IPD plenum on my 06 Cayman, now i'm trying to install it on my 981 Boxster S,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.