Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the IPD Plenum install last night on our 2014 Cayman S shop car(PDK). First drive this morning was a great one. Drove her regular, then sport, then sport plus and all rev ranges, Excellent! The Butt Dyno if you will is smiling all the way. I can Definitely feel the difference and I am driving our McLaren shop car quite a bit as well so if I can feel the difference on the Cayman S, that is a very good thing. The difference is smooth yet aggressive. Worth it? Absolutely, I say if your on the fence about it, go for it!

We have the Fabspeed Maxiflow exhaust installed as well and plan on headers with 200 cel cats next week. I will report back after that install.

Best,
David

Evolution-Automotive

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
did you have the instal done at a porsche dealer or indy shop??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed it in my garage in about 3 hours. I have a company Evolution-Automotive and we also retail the product. It is very easy, just follow the instructions.

I'm on day 4 with all different driving modes and styles if you will with zero issues.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm on the fence due to the install and warranty issues. Where did you get install instructions? Also is that including the larger throttle body?

I read the biggest benefit of IPD is the huge torque increase at liftoff. On a dyno, its going to be kind of a wash when you floor it because the ECU will not allow the extra air in plus you'll get codes if you keep pushing it.

I read it should take days for ECU to learn as well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You will throw a CEL. Just a matter of time...

My dealer cleared the fault yesterday at my annual service and I drove about 60 miles and she's back again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will throw a CEL. Just a matter of time...

My dealer cleared the fault yesterday at my annual service and I drove about 60 miles and she's back again.
Thanks, This and not sure about power gain (I have read differing opinions on this) is what keeps me from doing it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There is a power gain. It works. I can attest to that... Especially when you add headers.

I just need a re-flash to correct the stock pressure limits and ditch the CEL. Plus it should also add even more power.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Back to the topic.... This is not for other sponsors to solicit on so please start another thread to create your sales pitch. This thread was started by myself so that others know that it is a simple install that does provide power. Much appreciated to those sponsors for doing so.

Per the CEL, I am on Day 5 with everyday driving as well as spirited driving in normal, sport and sport plus with me driving in manual specifically to the 8k mark with no issues thus far. Now, I'm not saying that I won't get a CEL but thus far, Nada! Currently, I am running a Fabspeed Maxisport exhaust and on Friday headers with sport cats will be installed.

Like everyone else, I'm ready for that ecu tune like you wouldn't believe...Lol. As we add more things to the car of which has 3k miles, I almost feel that I'm pushing our luck but these are excellent upgrades that benefit the car.

After working on many exotics including our Lp570 and McLaren I have found that the 981 is a great platform to build off of. I'm sure that it in time it will only get better ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone provide an install guide for the 981? 987 and 981 are totally different. I can't get the stock plenum out. I've removed the "Y" pipe, and the metal clamps but the damn thing is stuck in there like its bonded to something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts