Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine was returning his lease Cayman S... and after a good experience with the IPD plenum on my previous 996 TT, I took the opportunity to make this the first mod to my Cayman S. My car is completely stock, so I put the car on a dyno yesterday afternoon to get a baseline reading. My car dyno'd strong making 281 whp. With the car still strapped to the dyno, we swapped out the plenum, it took about 35 minutes...then we dyno'd the car again, this time making 293.6 whp! In the mid range, we saw a peak gain of 15.9 hp at about 5715 rpm and torque was up about 12ft lbs at that same rpm.

My goal was to try to set the whole thing up so that we can get a true measure of the gains by the IPD plenum. With the dyno pulls being within 35 minutes of each other, and the fact the car was never unstrapped should provide a very accurate measure of what my car gained from this mod. Very solid gains, this product works!!!!

My impression driving the car after... low rpm was similar, after about 4k rpm, the car definitely felt more responsive. The car drove the way the dyno showed, it felt like it pulled harder in the mid range all the way to redline. I think with the addition of an intake and exhaust, there may be even more gains out of this plenum. There isn't much change in sound, slightly rougher/throaty sounding... but not necessarily louder so that's good for me at this time as I don't want a loud car. HP is hard to come by on this car so I'm extremely happy with the results.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Is this the competion version or the standard one?

·
Registered
57 Posts
75mm plenum, non competition.
those are some pretty good gains just from the plenum, just yesterday i added a new intake and flash to the car and was thinking of adding the plenum next, is there any way you can PM me with the price of the plenum and where you purchased it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thumbs up for providing back to back dyno readouts on the mod, that's a solid gain for the $ spent.

I've just done the Evom's intake and it feels a little more urgent above 4.5k but nothing major - would have loved to back to back dyno it.

Wondering what price these are for the 2.9 and if they're a simple install.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
The standard 74mm IPD plenum does not require a new airbox, filter or ECU flash. It just replaces the plastic plenum and relocates the throttle body closer to the intakes.
I'm surprised that the dyno showed such a large increase. My popo-dyno didn't reveal that much of a change.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
There's a video long time ago on 6speed to prove the ipd HP gains.. i have to find it..lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts