Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
color for such a pure Porsche sports car? I am shopping for my first Cayman (had a '71 British green 911T) and have found one in dark green/tan. Part of me likes it but another part thinks it's too Cadillac or Jaguar. Just looking for opinions from the purists. Thanks, C.
PS Going to drive it tonight. My first time behind the wheel of a Cayman!!!

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Personal choice so I can only offer my preferences.

Racing green is British. If I were to get an Aston Martin or Jaguar, maybe BRG although the Aston Martin does like very nice in Silver.

My father in law has had 5 Porsches of which he sold 2. He sold a Green 356 Type B coupe and an early 90's 911 couple in Eggplant. Great cars no matter what the color but just didn't look quite right for a German car.

His other 3 are '65 356 Cabriolet in red, '89 C4 Cabriolet in silver, and 2010 C4 Coupe in Ruby Red.

I have a Seal Grey Cayman S and to me the color is awesome for a Porsche. I had initially wanted Silver.

If you want Dark Green go for it. Pick some complementary interior colors and it would look very classy.:cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
To me, Porsche is one of the high-end brands that doesn't have a "correct" color. Ferrari, Jaguar, even Mercedes I think have one or two classic colors, but to me I've never seen a color that looks especially classic-Porsche. In fact just about all of the colors they offer have some sort of history with the brand.

Green/tan looks stunning.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, it's an '07 2.7 which I have never seen in person or for sale in green. I did run on an '06 CS the other day in green/tan. I love seal grey but money and availability is an issue so I've been feeling like I can't be too picky. I want a 2.7 for a variety of reasons... Thanks, C.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I like green a lot. The first Porsche I ever rode in was a dark green 930 turbo, and I will never forget it. The car was beautiful, fast, and understated.

Having said that, it's a big world out there - you can find ~exactly what you want if you look far enough. (I flew to Boston to get mine and have never regretted it). Good luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My cobalt croc wasn't my first color choice, but was an otherwise fine deal at the time of purchase. The color has since grown on me quite a lot, to the point where I'm not sure I'd change it if I could. Point being, if you like the color, don't be afraid to buy the car. The driving experience will really start growing on you, especially in the second year of ownership (if my experience is any guide). Best, Dave

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
dude go for it. I have had nothing but compliments from everyone including those who have silver black and white.

It is amazing in person. The pics do not do it justice.

On second thought... don't get it. Mine will be more rare this way...

:hilarious:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from the test drive/first see. I'm starting a new thread called "would you buy this accident car?" Please check it out. I need help on this one... C.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I always think of Silver & Red when I think Porsches. I ended up with white but would not hesitate to won green. Quite a few green Porsches made from the 50's - 70's so nothing out of place.

BRG does look great on British cars but not out of place on a Porsche IMHO.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
BTW, it's an '07 2.7 which I have never seen in person or for sale in green. I did run on an '06 CS the other day in green/tan. I love seal grey but money and availability is an issue so I've been feeling like I can't be too picky. I want a 2.7 for a variety of reasons... Thanks, C.
Widen your search, to Regional or National, you are much better off getting the car and the color that you want. Don't settle you will regret it later. Look on Craigs List, Ebay, Auto Trader , etc. If you find the right car 1000 miles away fly in and drive if home, make it an adventure. Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The right green on a Porsche is stunning. Don't get me wrong, but when I hear of "the essential Porsche color is (usually silver)" I wanna barf. Now I LIKE silver, but there are other colors just as flattering on a Porsche, some perhaps moreso.

I believe SharkWerks had a '09 Carrera S "test car" for goodies, it was in a metallic green that was superb. Should look just as wonderful on a Croc. Buy what YOU like.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
If I am fortunate enough to be able to own another Porsche some day, and can also afford the "paint to match" option, it may well be the green - with a natural brown interior, I think - of this Aston Martin DB4 (this picture does not really do the color justice, but you can get the idea):

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Go for it, I love green cars, and a green Cayman would be very exclusive and beautiful. Gray interior would be best IMO, but sand beige would also be nice.

If you like it, what else matters? I don't care for speed yellow, but those that do have a very distinctive color Cayman, and their being happy with it is all that matters.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.