Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As titled. I have a '10 cayman s with the 18" cayman ii wheels, I'm planning on upgrading to a set of ruf rg5 wheels to accomodate my upgraded brembos. Would also like to lower the car by 30mm. There's a set of rufs on special offer but they're intended for the carrera (8.5 wide fronts et56, 11" rear et71). I would like to know if they'll fit correctly with the right spacers, cuz I don't want the tyres to rub.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I know this has been covered before so you might do a search to read the prior topics. If I recall correctly the Carrera wheels don't have the proper offset to work with the Cayman, but other 11" wheels with a different offset can be made to work.

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
11's will fit fine, you need to offset down in the 38mm range for a good fit. With that in mind you are looking at needing a spacer around 1.25 inches, which is far from optimal.....

Cheers
Agreed, that is why he should NOT buy a set of wheels designed for the Carrera, he needs to buy a set with the proper offset or as close as he can get and use a small spacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.