Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if PAS audio warning and braking takes place only with activated cruise control. If so I don't see how different is it from the PACC.

My interest in PAS is if it works in the city without ACC and for some reason the driver gets distracted then it takes action.

As per Porsche website they say:
Porsche Active Safe (PAS) issues an audible and a visual warning if the system detects that your vehicle is approaching the vehicle in front too quickly. This is accompanied by a brief jolt of the brakes and, where necessary, the initiation of targeted braking. During this process, any braking by the driver is boosted to achieve the maximum braking force that the system is able to provide.

I'd appreciate feedback ASAP as I'm afraid my order is about to get locked if not already locked.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think this video answered my question. PAS works without cruise control.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Nick did such a wonderful job detailing the Porsche 991 with videos like this. I hope he gets another Porsche again soon.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I think there's also a Consumers Reports video somewhere. It shows that, if you wait till the computer hits the brakes, the system will minimize but not entirely avoid a collision. I have had it warn me once and I wasn't using ACC at the time.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did anybody try to protect the PAS with 3M from scratches and sandblasts?

I was told the PAS bumper sensor gets damaged and breaks down from sandblasting, flies... etc. My dealer had to change it for a customer over a short period of time.

Anybody had issues?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
If you track it will scream at you when closing for a pass. :(

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That is, in my mind, THE compelling reason to get the PDK. AAC & PAS seem like a sweet option to me.
I am sorry but I can't resist typing this. I'd just look out the front windshield.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I think the warnings can be turned off, though I've never tried.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Scream is one thing but breaking on your behalf on a track would be something else! Of course it's undesirable feature to be turned on on track, but it should be breaking, right?

Add to that, shouldn't the Sport+ deactivate the ACC/PAS?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Did anybody try to protect the PAS with 3M from scratches and sandblasts?

I was told the PAS bumper sensor gets damaged and breaks down from sandblasting, flies... etc. My dealer had to change it for a customer over a short period of time.

Anybody had issues?
My ACC has failed, don't know why yet. Car goes to dealer in a few days.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My ACC has failed, don't know why yet. Car goes to dealer in a few days.
Sorry to hear that... I'll look forward for your dealer's analysis.

Did you get a dashboard signal or did you notice it's malfunctioning?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Sorry to hear that... I'll look forward for your dealer's analysis.

Did you get a dashboard signal or did you notice it's malfunctioning?
MFD said ACC/PAS unavailable

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Got the car fixed. Somehow the sensor had gotten pushed in--no real marks, just a scuff on the surround. Dealer straightened the mounting bracket and now it's good. $400 non-warranteed, of course.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the car fixed. Somehow the sensor had gotten pushed in--no real marks, just a scuff on the surround. Dealer straightened the mounting bracket and now it's good. $400 non-warranteed, of course.
Ouch!

Good it wasn't more than that.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts