Discussion Starter #1

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]
TFLcar.com
[/TD]
[TD="class: j"]

Is the 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 the Best and Purest Porsche? [Video + Gallery]
TFLcar.com
From its onset, the 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 looks to be as close as you will ever get to a mid-engined 911. It's not that the Cayman was lacking in any way; it's been touted as one of the best-handling vehicles in existence ever since its introduction ...

http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dH9h-lX85kgSM8M&authuser=0&ned=us
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
It very well maybe…well there is still the GT3.

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]
TFLcar.com
[/TD]
[TD="class: j"]

Is the 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 the Best and Purest Porsche? [Video + Gallery]
TFLcar.com
From its onset, the 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 looks to be as close as you will ever get to a mid-engined 911. It's not that the Cayman was lacking in any way; it's been touted as one of the best-handling vehicles in existence ever since its introduction ...

[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I first started doing HPDE events with the PCA in the 90s. Back then Porsche was the 911. Sure there were 944s and 914s that would occasionally come out, but air cooled 911s comprised (making up a number) 80% or more of the cars at these events (this was in the NER region)

When I went to a PCA event last year (GGR region) I'd say it was maybe 40% Air cooled 911s, 35% Caymans, remainder other Porches (these are also made up numbers off the top of my head).

My point is I think with regard to water cooled 911s, the Cayman already is the Porsche of choice for the track, with the GT3 being the one outlier from the 911 side. The air cooled 911s obviously still maintaining a strong contingent but the overall number of air cooled 911s is only capable of shrinking.

It will be fun watching the GT3 and GT4s on the track together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts