Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a warning for when the passenger doesn't have their seat belt latched. The driver has a warning on the multifunction screen, but not the passenger. The airbag light goes out when there's a passenger, indicating that the seat sensor is functioning.

The manual says "The safety belt warning lights in the instrument panel and multi-purpose display will go off as soon as the driver has buckled up," which seems to indicate that there is no passenger seat belt warning. Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

Reactions: FlyerHiker

·
Registered
164 Posts
I’m definitely interested in this. I had my ’14 BS in for a software update about a year ago and my wife also noticed that the seat belt audible and visual warning weren’t working. I believe the warnings worked before and the dealer spent a couple of hours trying to fix it… no joy… they said they needed more time to troubleshoot when I was in town again. So now about a year later I’m going to be near the dealer that sold me the BS and I’ve scheduled an appointment for more time to get investigate it. If you find out what’s wrong with your passenger seat belt warning please post it or message me. Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I asked the same question of my base 2014 Cayman. At the dealer, it was confirmed: there's no fasten-seatbelt chime for the passenger side.
:(

-SDJ.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer confirmed that there is no passenger seatbelt warning. Just check that the Passenger Airbag Light goes off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like this feature, not many cars do this. Annoying.

Reactions: H man

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't necessarily want it or not. I just bought the car as a leftover 2014 and wanted to make sure that the car was operating properly and the AirBag system was working. If it wasn't supposed to be like this, now is the time to get it repaired.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts