Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard that the Panamera may not have a spare, which I find hard to believe.

I can understand how the 911's and 987's may not have the room but a full sized 4 door sedan?

Can anyone confirm? I'll have to find out tonight at the launch event.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
922 Posts
I don't think it does, Pete.

It didn't occur to me to check this out (don't know why) at the launch event here in Raleigh last night, but I did look around the trunk area and don't remember seeing a handle to pull up the floor.

(Note: This car is stunning in person!)

I don't claim to be correct with this information, but I can also say there is no mention of a spare in the 165 page brochure I picked up - not that it's a definitive source.

I look forward to your confirmation/denial!

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you imagine 4 people dressed to the nines out for a night on the town stranded on the side of a wet road waiting for a flatbed?

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No spare. Air pump and goop in the trunk. The rest of the space under the trunk is taken up by the battery(!). Photos soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Wow...that is some pretty impressive trunk space :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
No spare saves you weight and Porsche $$$.
Any spare in the Cayenne? a SUV that may have a flat in no man's land.

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
well these suite cases are the same size as the medium PTS cases but 3 times as expensive at $1,100 a pop.

So these are not what I would consider regular sized suite cases. But it will take just as mauch as any mid to large sized sedan.
In the UK the you get the set of cases free but then again you pay more for the car here .... one BIG plus side though .... you can order a Manual version of the car :)

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
No spare saves you weight and Porsche $$$.
Any spare in the Cayenne? a SUV that may have a flat in no man's land.
My 2004 Cayenne has a spare under the floor of the cargo area. Thankfully, I've never had to use it. I think it's a temporary use tire, but looking right now would mean unloading 3 sets of golf clubs and associated shoes, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts