Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there was a method other than phoning up your dealer to get updates?

Mine is due in just over 2 weeks... Just getting excited I guess!

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
On the ocean? Sure

go here The PWL Group Pick USA and VW logistics. Read the PDF. Your dealer can tell you the ship or figure it out from your build sheet. For example the Mermaid Ace docks in RI on 12/8. On the Atlantic you can't track it without paying for it. Near land go here and find your ship Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic and you can follow it.

EXCEPT, I now realize you are not in the US and its useless to you. But I'm going to let it stay for people in Canada, USA, Oz, etc.

Sorry, can't help the UK

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Just curious if there was a method other than phoning up your dealer to get updates?

Mine is due in just over 2 weeks... Just getting excited I guess!
Can you guys in Europe track your cars at all between when it leaves the factory and gets to the dealership, even by calling your SA? For us overseas, we get an update when it gets to the port, then again when it gets on a boat (along with the name of the boat) and then again when it enters the local port.

After that though, it's a bit of a black hole. That's where my car is now. It's effectively disappeared until my SA sees it on the lot.

Now... as for phoning the dealer... I haven't done that but I've emailed my SA incessantly and he's been very cool about the whole thing. Constant phone calls would probably be pretty irritating but emails can be answered at their leisure and mine always got back to me within a day. Don't feel shy about contacting them. They know how excited you are. :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I'm in the UK... the wait is killing me :dance:

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
After that though, it's a bit of a black hole. That's where my car is now. It's effectively disappeared until my SA sees it on the lot.
No, its not a black hole. It's well known how to do this being done for many years. Some people take it to extremes. Google it, it's all over the internet how to track a vessel.

I showed you how to track the ships near the coast. I showed you how to find the ships departure and arrival times in all ports, including for you, Halifax. If you know your ship, you can even find a picture of it a sea (e.g., MARINA ACE - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 8610526, MMSI 356067000, Callsign 3EQH5 | Registered in Panama - AIS Marine Traffic) More info on how this is done Automatic Identification System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also track the vessel at sea but that costs money. As they say "there's an app for that". Look it up on your smart phone.

The internet is this amazing thing with all kinds of stuff on it ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts