Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Considering we are now about halfway through the lifecycle of the 718, I am curious what the expectations are for the next generation of Porsche's mid-engine entry offerings.
I don't think anybody realistically expects them to return to a 6 cylinder engine, but with just how much focus the community has had on the sound of the 718 don't you think Porsche would make the sound a #1 priority for the next generation? 192.168.0.1
Is it even possible they could fix the sound while maintaining a turbo 4? I don't think I've heard any 4 cylin routerlogin ders that sound much better than the 718...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Welcome to the forum, this would be a better suited question to in the 718 Forum section, perhaps the MOD's can move it!

Personally I don't think the sound of the T4 is bad, just different, only time will tell if that changes, INHO if it does, it probably won't be much.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Part of the problem is TUV? (Germany standards) . Personally, I don't think PSE on a six is radical enough and I believe in part TUV is why.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Considering we are now about halfway through the lifecycle of the 718, I am curious what the expectations are for the next generation of Porsche's mid-engine entry offerings.
I don't think anybody realistically expects them to return to a 6 cylinder engine, but with just how much focus the community has had on the sound of the 718 don't you think Porsche would make the sound a #1 priority for the next generation?
Is it even possible they could fix the sound while maintaining a turbo 4? I don't think I've heard any 4 cylinders that sound much better than the 718...
I see that your country flag is india, and if you are based out of india it may be less of a chance that porsche offers their entry level offering with the 6 cylinder because having the 4 cylinders cuts down the price of the car by a lot due to some of the involved luxury and emission taxes. From what I've read it seems they will keep the 4 cylinder turbo specifically for markets like india and china.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
The nice thing is if you want to spend more money the 718 can be purchased in a GTS or GT3 with the 6, that might be my next Cayman as I prefer the a mid engine car over the 911

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
The 718 base is not the problem. The problem is it is not a NA 6 and the majority of member refuse to accept that. It's fine, it sounds fine and is pretty quick.
If you don't it's sound put an aftermarket exhaust in; there are 100's of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts