Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at possibly joining the club as soon as tomorrow, wanted to see if the deal I have is good or not.

2009 Cayman (base)
Arctic Silver metallic
Stone Grey standard leather
Heated seats
Floor mats in matching color
18" Cayman S II wheels
Color crested center caps
Sound Package Plus
Universal Audio Interface
Automatic Climate Control

Car has ~75 miles on it, brand new, never titled. Car is going to run me 42,669. With tax, tags and dealer fees, 43,398. Does that seem like a good deal?

·
Registered
510 Posts
According to Truecar, the car has an MSRP of $55,160. A "great price" is considered less than $48,931. However, they are not accounting for the $6000 in estimated trunk money which would bring the price down to $42,931. So your price of $42,669 even beats that!

I would say you did extremely well: 22.6% off MSRP for a new 2009 Cayman.

I do doubt for that price, they offered you the 1.9% financing, however. But, who cares?

You just bought a new 2009 Cayman for the same price my dealer is offering a 2006 CPO Cayman S for with over 25,000 miles! Someone's getting robbed and it ain't you! :)

PS-And it's not going to be me either!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yeah, there wasnt a financing offer at the end of the sales call :hilarious:
I edited my last post since your post. Read the last few lines. My dealer was trying to rob me!!:eek:

Great job on that price you got!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whew, well I wanted to make sure that it was a good deal before I fully pulled the trigger. Now its down to the final approval from my live in banker ;)

I'll post pics if I am able to close on the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Imagine my dealer wants $43k for a 2006 mildly optioned CPO CS with 25k miles and this other dealer is selling a brand new base 2009 Cayman for the same price.

I say bring back no haggling pricing! :hilarious:

Funny how prudent those live-in bankers of ours can be. What a drag!

·
Registered
549 Posts
The phrase "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind - that price is a steal for sure. The only "must have" that it doesn't have is autodimming mirrors (handy in a low car), but it's not fatal. Color is perfect, BTW. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Come on! Those guys gotta eat too!

·
Registered
380 Posts
You have them on their knees!

Now, asked if that's with a full tank of gas and, if it, buy it. ;>)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not really. Porsche's providing $6000. The dealer ain't hurtin'. Also, Porsche Finance will not do a 1.9% loan on that price. The price is for cash or financing obtained independently by the buyer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts