Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEATTLE - An allegedly intoxicated man grinding his Porsche 911 through downtown Seattle with a missing right rear tire, apparently didn't realize it, instead insisting to the trooper who pulled him over that his transmission was going out.

A Washington State Patrol trooper assigned to the King County Holiday Enforcement Team, arrested 62-year-old James A. Stephenson of Seattle.

The trooper spotted Stephenson driving east on Pike Street from 3rd Avenue in his Porsche 911 sports car on Dec. 29. According to a press release, pedestrians stopped and stared as the vehicle went by, "making a loud grinding noise and emitting lots of sparks."

When the trooper stopped the vehicle and asked Stephenson for his driver's license, Stephenson quickly informed the trooper that his transmission was going out.

"The trooper advised Stephenson that his vehicle was not having a transmission problem," the press release says. "Stephenson became belligerent and asked the trooper if he was a mechanic or a cop. The trooper advised Stephenson that he was not a mechanic and asked Stephenson to step from his Porsche so that he could show him something. Upon exiting his Porsche, the trooper pointed to the right rear tire, which was completely missing from the wheel. The trooper continued around the Porsche and pointed to the right front tire which was completely flat."

Stephenson told the trooper that the car was in good condition when he left a friend's house.

Soon after this exchange, the trooper determined Stephenson was heavily intoxicated and arrested him for DUI. It is not known Stevenson's car hit prior to the traffic stop.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
**Hand raised**

"Not it!!"

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
If stupidity like that is going to happen anywhere, I have no doubt that it would happen in the Pacific NW. We have the worst drivers I've seen anywhere in the world. For example, it just became illegal, as of today, in Oregon to drive and use hand-held phones. It's even a primary offense, so LEOs can pull you over just for observing you doing it. What do I see on my way to work out this morning? Three people driving and talking on their phones. One of them was in a narrow, crowded parking garage. The bozo didn't even have his lights on. I doubt a tire coming off would have interrupted his conversation either.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If stupidity like that is going to happen anywhere, I have no doubt that it would happen in the Pacific NW. We have the worst drivers I've seen anywhere in the world. For example, it just became illegal, as of today, in Oregon to drive and use hand-held phones. It's even a primary offense, so LEOs can pull you over just for observing you doing it. What do I see on my way to work out this morning? Three people driving and talking on their phones. One of them was in a narrow, crowded parking garage. The bozo didn't even have his lights on. I doubt a tire coming off would have interrupted his conversation either.
Yeah they're BAD. I followed an old lady in a barge the other day. She was doing about 15 in a 35 zone with no place to pass. Even worse, she was signalling for CURVES!:helpme:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts