Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posted recently about a engine compartment blower failure. Dealer just completed replacing it but tells me on the test drive when it got back to the shop engine coolant was leaking? Says the thermostat gasket was gone. I'm slightly suspicious as I had checked my coolant level before I drove it over and it was at the full mark.

First they said the drive over to the dealer and short distance I drove it prior wasn't an issue, nowww, they lightly suggest that there could have been some other damage?

I told them my garage is spottless and I look for leaks/spills and have not seen anything and mentioned to them that yesterday while I was there they told me they ran the engine with full A/C for 30-40 minutes to try and mimick the fault I saw as they couldn't find it, eventually it surfaced with the engine running, by then the blower was toast. When I politely mentioned that they ran it yesterday until the fault came up, could they have overheated it?, no way must have been like that. Again, what do you do with a dealer that may not want to admit to maybe causing a problem, hell if I was leaking coolant they'd have been the first to know about, instead I feel like I'm being used as the scapegoat and may have to defend my actions, not saying anyone's perfect you know.. Just concered to what extent any further damage may have resulted.....thoughts..:cheers:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts